People who are too rich (1 Viewer)

Everyone on thumped, most of the population of ireland

There isn't even a country within a cultural touchpoint to us to give comparison on how far lifestyle creep has gotten out of hand here.
Are we any happier?

Like there's that level where you don't have to worry about money for your needs, and it's enormously freeing
And it's really the sweet spot
The level where you're accumulating things because you think that will make you happy, obviously not so great

Hey Australia

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm not taking life advice from a nation that elected these lads.

Fair enough

All of this lean to the right can be tracked to coordinated Russian disinformation campaigns around migrants, the EU and NATO.
Been going on the past 10 years or so.
This is the fruit of that.

I was going to say neo nazi Finnish black metallers don't seem very happy when Finland first came up.

Finland has an amazing music scene going back many decades but it also has a bad problem with organised racism and they cross over sometimes.

More than one person I was in contact there in the 90s went down a very dangerous route afterwards. In one case a Finnish guy started off being 180 degrees opposed to racism and homophobia and was very vocal about it.
Terrible pity for folks there.
I have nearly 200 Finnish records (no black metal, I think) so this is very upsetting.

Yeah - Finland has a hell of a lot going for it but it is not without problems.

The recently deposed PM took Finland into NATO. No time for her.

Fair enough

All of this lean to the right can be tracked to coordinated Russian disinformation campaigns around migrants, the EU and NATO.
Been going on the past 10 years or so.
This is the fruit of that.

You're gonna have to back up a statement like that.

You're gonna have to back up a statement like that.
The Finns have been moaning about disinformation campaigns since at least 2014 or so
It goes hand in hand with the all the fucking around in Finnish airspace and territorial waters.
And it maps with Prigozhin's IRA doing similar in countries all over Europe and the US at this time.

I don't have the relative poll numbers for the Finnish parties progress, but been reading how the Finns have been getting pounded with messages about how much immigrants degrade a country and how evil the EU is, and then a movement aligned with those values emerges. The connection seems like way more than a coincidence.

I mean these things might exist totally separately, but they are the whole point of operations like this this.

For their part the Russians also target Arab populations in these countries and target them with false information about how Finnish society is against them, that Finland is a US stooge etc.
The actual messages aren't important, only that they create division and fear.

Last edited:
The Finns have been moaning about disinformation campaigns since at least 2014 or so
It goes hand in hand with the all the fucking around in Finnish airspace and territorial waters.
And it maps with Prigozhin's IRA doing similar in countries all over Europe and the US at this time.

I don't have the relative poll numbers for the Finnish parties progress, but been reading how the Finns have been getting pounded with messages about how much immigrants degrade a country and how evil the EU is, and then a movement aligned with those values emerges. The connection seems like way more than a coincidence.

I mean these things might exist totally separately, but they are the whole point of operations like this this.

The Finns have had a right wing problem since long before 2014. Finns Party goes back to 95 and it's predecessor decades more. Third largest party since at least 2011 too. Just checking the numbers here and they had 39 seats in 2011, 2015 and 2019 and 46 in 2023 so 7 extra seats this year over 38/39 since 2011.

The Finns have had a right wing problem since long before 2014. Finns Party goes back to 95 and it's predecessor decades more. Third largest party since at least 2011 too. Just checking the numbers here and they had 39 seats in 2011, 2015 and 2019 and 46 in 2023 so 7 extra seats this year over 38/39 since 2011.
Well, they went from 1, 3 and 5 seats up to 2007
Then a big bump in 2011 to 39 - you'd have to be Finnish to answer this, but I'd guess it was populism after the financial crisis.
Then a steady rise and now part of government

Most countries have some level of dirtbags and racist; we don't have a short supply ourselves.
Russia saw an opportunity to fester this wound and went for it.
Do campaigns about how awful immigrants are make a situation worse or better?
I'd argue worse.

What works for RUssia is now other Europeans look at them and go "Jees, well they're kind of racist"
And more disharmony is sown.

This is what happens to Finns that tried to report on what Russia's IRA were doing

Well, they went from 1, 3 and 5 seats up to 2007
Then a big bump in 2011 to 39 - you'd have to be Finnish to answer this, but I'd guess it was populism after the financial crisis.
Then a steady rise and now part of government

Most countries have some level of dirtbags and racist; we don't have a short supply ourselves.
Russia saw an opportunity to fester this wound and went for it.
Do campaigns about how awful immigrants are make a situation worse or better?
I'd argue worse.

What works for RUssia is now other Europeans look at them and go "Jees, well they're kind of racist"
And more disharmony is sown.

This is what happens to Finns that tried to report on what Russia's IRA were doing

I thought it was all Russian propaghanda?

I thought it was all Russian propaghanda?
They align
I mean would Russia keep the campaigns going if they were having no effect?
Targeting both sides just for the fun of it? I mean maybe they would. They're cunts like.

Or maybe Russia is super cool and misunderstood. And a great neighbour to have.
And Finns are just a bunch of horrible racists to the core.
And I dunno, the west are behind it all as usual.

They align
I mean would Russia keep the campaigns going if they were having no effect?
Targeting both sides just for the fun of it? I mean maybe they would. They're cunts like.

Or maybe Russia is super cool and misunderstood. And a great neighbour to have.
And Finns are just a bunch of horrible racists to the core.
And I dunno, the west are behind it all as usual.

So Russia is behind the financial crisis? Is there a Godwin's Law for blaming Russia for every ill in the world?

So Russia is behind the financial crisis? Is there a Godwin's Law for blaming Russia for every ill in the world?
Well, I'm glad Russia have you to give them the benefit of the doubt on everything that comes up
Them being such a great bunch of lads and all

Correcting my statement for the Dail record

There's a strong correlation between Russian disinformation campaigns in Finland against immigrants and the ongoing rise of the Finnish right
Which itself correlates with the FInn party's rise to government from 2014 on.
Otherwise why would they do it? Because of the zero effect that it has?
Same goes for their targeting of Arab speaking populations in FInland.
It is not ALL Russia's doing.
Every country has a baseline of racists and bad actors. Russia just sees those people as valuable assets.
The racists you see attacking immigrants; Russia sees as useful agents of their agenda and fuels their ascent.

Basically, if you like the ongoing nurturing of racism and right-wingers in Finland, then you can give Putin and good ol' Russia a tip of the hat for nudging it along.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back