PC wanted (1 Viewer)

ah, i think i read your last post wrong, pete.
i thought you meant you wouldnt be home till tomorrow morning....like, you were planning a dirty stop-out or something.....oh nevermind.....i just look bonkers now.....

There is no way on earth I'd want XP anywhere near my machine. Enforced upgrades? A limited number of re-installs? Forget it.

Microsoft no longer make disk operating systems, they make customer operating systems.

pete (11 Jan, 2002 04:05 p.m.):
re: OS - Windows XP recognises & configures bleedin EVERYTHING. it's shocking how clever it is.

re: insight - just remember they're ex-VAT prices, and the delivery, and the exchange rate.

re: new iMacs - isn't it "Number 5 is alive"?. And they're also very 2 grand if you want the DVD-R one.

peepee (11 Jan, 2002 04:20 p.m.):
ah, i think i read your last post wrong, pete.
i thought you meant you wouldnt be home till tomorrow morning....like, you were planning a dirty stop-out or something.....oh nevermind.....i just look bonkers now.....

actually, now that you mention it....

Anne O'Malley (11 Jan, 2002 04:29 p.m.):
There is no way on earth I'd want XP anywhere near my machine. Enforced upgrades? A limited number of re-installs? Forget it.

Microsoft no longer make disk operating systems, they make customer operating systems.

Depends on who you talk to really, dunnit, guv? I mean I've *cough* read on the internet *cough* about how you can use the corporate version and it never ever ever calls home to microsoft to register itself (the reasoning being that a corporate administrator cannot reasonably be expected to activate each and every one of his 100's of XP licences).

Knowarrimean?

I hear ya, big guy.

pete (11 Jan, 2002 05:19 p.m.):
Anne O'Malley (11 Jan, 2002 04:29 p.m.):

Depends on who you talk to really, dunnit, guv? I mean I've *cough* read on the internet *cough* about how you can use the corporate version and it never ever ever calls home to microsoft to register itself (the reasoning being that a corporate administrator cannot reasonably be expected to activate each and every one of his 100's of XP licences).

Knowarrimean?

Buy and Sell is a good bet. But do some research. Like if someone is selling a first generation iMac for 800 quid ring them up and say I'll give you 450 for it, I can get a new one for whatever. Don't know what the PC version of that bartering would be.

Oi! Adrian! I'm selling my old pc cos i'm after fucking off and buying a new one. You're more than welcome to come out to my house and take a peek if you want? I might even make you tea, and show you my "guinea pig"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back