Pavement rumour (1 Viewer)

nutmeg81

ok so on another forum earlier today is was stated that Pavement will be playin Tripod with an announcement next week.

if this is the case then woohoo.....if not then i hope the member gets a lynchin.

anyone here who might know someone who knows someone....?

Definite need for a 1500-2000 capacity venue in Dublin. The likes of Pavement on a reunion tour would easily fill that.

If the Ambassador is still doing gigs, it could fit around 1200.

Well, obviously i'd love to see them but Tripod is bollocks for gigs. Yo La Tengo there was a nightmare with people not shutting up. There were times where I could hear the people behind me over the music.

I hope they play somewhere though, maybe the olympia?

Yep. I honestly don't think I could be arsed watching Pavement in Tripod. Waaay too much hassle. Yo La Tengo was bad enough crowdwise. The Pavement Red Box gig in '97 was a serious crush, I remember having a sly piss beside the stage because there was literally no way of getting from the front to the back (where the toilets were) and back again. I have never done that before or since.

Yep. I honestly don't think I could be arsed watching Pavement in Tripod. Waaay too much hassle. Yo La Tengo was bad enough crowdwise. The Pavement Red Box gig in '97 was a serious crush, I remember having a sly piss beside the stage because there was literally no way of getting from the front to the back (where the toilets were) and back again. I have never done that before or since.

Wedding Present in the Tivoli, 1993.
Some hammered dude with long hair and an OZRIC TENTACLES t-shirt about two rows from the front went for a piss where he was standing, turning around mid-flow. Prick. Nowhere near crushed.

Pavement to roll back the years and play Eamon Doran's.

Ha, can you imagine? I was at that Rock Garden gig as well, the day CRCR came out. £7 in.

Nah. It'll have to be two nights if they play one of our little venues again. Unless they do a Pixies/Sonic Youth and charge asshole prices.

Dude, there is no justification for that kind of behavior.

Yeah, disgusting enough alright. I'm not proud of it.

At the same time, the venue and promoter obviously didnt give a fiddler's about their customers by cramming about 40% more people in there than there should have been.

Yeah, disgusting enough alright. I'm not proud of it.

At the same time, the venue and promoter obviously didnt give a fiddler's about their customers by cramming about 40% more people in there than there should have been.
Shoulda pissed on the promotors head then.

that's where i saw them the last time mexican pets supported them,hate the tri pod its always full of people talking through the gigs or people sitting in the bar not even looking at the bands,hope they play vicar street instead:rolleyes:

on ticketmaster now, tickets on sale on friday at 9am around the €40 mark. if anyone pisses on me im going to piss right back on them with extra piss.

i really want tickets to this.

Fucking Tripod is such a shithole. Only way to combat hearing dickheads talking is to get up the front.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back