Pavement 'Lost' album (1 Viewer)

And the icarus line are better than the stooges.

If there was a prize for being most wrong, you would be a contender. Top three at least.

Alan Remorse said:
slanted and enchanted is absolutely terrible though. the men could actually not play their instruments back then. luckily they got good

Alan Remorse said:
slanted and enchanted is absolutely terrible though. the men could actually not play their instruments back then. luckily they got good. (cue people saying "whaaaaaaaaaaaaat you dont like slanted etc etc")
not the first time I've heard this opinion, but I don't agree with it
despite the occasional Fall rip-off, Slanted and Enchanted is a great debut - captures the moment perfectly.

I remember bringing a taped copy to Feile 92 and playing it on a ghettoblaster outside the tent. With Chumbawamba's Shhh on the other side. Wow that was this weekend 12 years ago.:(

nlgbbbblth said:
despite the occasional Fall rip-off, Slanted and Enchanted is a great debut - captures the moment perfectly.
it's an amazing record, the last track with just Malk and Gary Young is unreal, SM went down hill from there... I don't even think it has to be put in the context of 'capturing a moment' it totally stands up after all these years, even more so after so many dicks ripped off it's dry as fuck sound since

After Wowee Zowee it all came loose, most probably cause SM is the biggest contolr freak lunatic ever, the guy was my hereo, but reading interviews, and even watching Robbie Analogs DVD, which I must return, it's clear for SM it was all about SM.

In saying that Pig Lib is great, because it lets him do all the indulgent guitar heroics he wants, and while SM the stoner poet savant dies a little, SM the prog rock wizard is probably ample replacement in the grand scheme of things

Anyhow all SM ever did was try to be as good as D.C.Berman... and once you dig that silver jews rule with fists you get a lot less distraced by Pavement hysteria and SM's intersting fringe. Trust me...

yay, another pavement album that sounds like all the rest of their albums, after buying a few would you not just stop... all there sounds are the same song...

Pantone247 said:
Anyhow all SM ever did was try to be as good as D.C.Berman... and once you dig that silver jews rule with fists you get a lot less distraced by Pavement hysteria and SM's intersting fringe. Trust me...
Yep... too true. D.C. Berman is the capital. Malkmus is the whimsical town.

I think Westing By Musket and Sextant is the best. Although Slanted and Enchanted is probably a better album, because it's an actual album. But Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain has a special place in my heart as it was the one that got me into all this indie shit.

more of this comparing albums crap (see sonic nurse thread a few weeks ago). S+E is amazing reminds me of time and place etc nothing else can compare on those terms but c'mon all their albums have some great great stuff. CRCR is fantastic. brighten the Corners took ages to sink in but it's a marvelous album. TT has some amazing songs on it too. Top of my head, that one Anne Don't Cry (useless with song titles) brilliant. Mind you I did think they were pretty crap that time in the redBox. my biggest memory of that is that someone in the crowd had one of those laser light things and was pointing it at SM's head and body for ages. Sure SM probably didn't notice it but I thought it was really insulting and kept looking around for the prick that was doing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back