pat ingoldsby (2 Viewers)

Question One: There is no giraffe mentioned in this poem. If there was, for what do you think it would be a metaphor?

Question Two: How do you think it possible for one of the protagonists to break the other’s bleedin’ face when it is clearly
not bleeding yet. Does it matter?

Question Three: How do you think that he thought he’d be able to do it in the first place? Do you think anybody gives a bollix?

Question Four: Comment on the poet’s use of less than three apostrophes. (optional).

Question Five: Write two hundred words on the way that the poet uses a table to symbolise that way that the brown paper bag
disintegrates when you lash loads of vinegar into it and chips land on your shoe.

Question Six: What would you rather be doing now?

Question Seven: Is her mother out?

Question Eight: Can we come and watch?

genius

right. i was digging through the archives and came across this. ive been meaning to get going on this again..
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

the man is the epitome of d.i.y. inspirational. his books mak geat presens for people

And the fact that I don't own a single one of his books epitomises everything bad. I can't believe I don't! He's the most important thing in town, like as long as Pat's still around, Dublin is going to be okay. But it's a crime that I don't buy all his books. I'm a stupid dum-dum head.

Next time I see him, though, I'm definitely going to buy some.

ALSO: Hi Niall!

And the fact that I don't own a single one of his books epitomises everything bad. I can't believe I don't! He's the most important thing in town, like as long as Pat's still around, Dublin is going to be okay. But it's a crime that I don't buy all his books. I'm a stupid dum-dum head.

Next time I see him, though, I'm definitely going to buy some.

ALSO: Hi Niall!
you're not a stupid dum-dum head if you know you should buy one of his books. they are all great.

ALSO: Hope you doing good Jane?

I saw him last week too, would have been Thursday I'd say?

Thanks.

I have an assignment and I'm going to use one of his poems, I just wanted to see if he'd point me to one other than the one I've picked - knowing the purebred salesman he is, he'll recommend one in a book I don't have yet [grin]

yo, i dont think pat would be too into having his poetry used in assignments. he is totally against his poetry being used in education.

feel free to ask though. he may tell you to feck off.
he's out most days of the week between molly malone and westmoreland st.

yo, i dont think pat would be too into having his poetry used in assignments. he is totally against his poetry being used in education.

feel free to ask though. he may tell you to feck off.
he's out most days of the week between molly malone and westmoreland st.

It's not educational.
It's a mission from God.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back