Passports and Travelling to London (1 Viewer)

hugh

Contributor
Since 2000
Solutions
You need one on Ryanair but with Aer Lingus a driving licence or something will do, yeah?

I was in London last week. When we got back to Dublin they made us go through passport control. I didn't see any way around it. I had me passport, but I wonder what'd have happened if I didn't. Not sure a drivers license would work in passport control.

I was in London last week. When we got back to Dublin they made us go through passport control. I didn't see any way around it. I had me passport, but I wonder what'd have happened if I didn't. Not sure a drivers license would work in passport control.

It's such a Catch-22. If you're a British or Irish citizen you don't need a passport to travel in the Common Travel Area, but how do you prove you're a citizen without a passport?

Anyway: http://www.aerlingus.com/i18n/en/htmlPopups/passport_visa_information.html#irluk

Thanks all ... no rush to renew the passport then ...

Just show them your boarding card showing that you have just come from the UK. They have no right to ask for your passport if you have come from the UK.

Yes, very correct.
g.php

however- ryanair wont let you on the plane without a passport...

Very true. I wasn't let on a ryanair flight because of this shite. Someone else booked the flight (a group of us going), I showed up at the airport, ryanair wan asks for a passport, I reply "what for? I'm only going to London".
After much fecking around I stayed home while the rest of the group went on to London.

Previously I had gone to London on Air Lingus without any ID whatsoever.

Needless to say but I've had nothing to do with ryanair since. Arseholes.

Now in fairness you did try to go to a foreign country without a passport. Just saying like.

*prods Santino*

My advise is get a passport just in case Ireland collapses while your away and you end up living in the departure terminal at Stanstead for years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back