Panda Bear (1 Viewer)

Aw don't talk to me! Primavera's still up in the air for me this year unfortunately. Would be my 5th year in a row so it's kinda tradition at this stage

the first AC gig here after Strawberry Jam had a mini Panda gig at the end of it. Was very cool.

I dunno man, that was the second (or was it third) AC gig in a row to go wrong in Dublin - no fault of theirs admittedly. Watching PB hit the play button on his sequencer didn't do a hell of alot for me to compensate to be honest.

I like the music he makes, but would be reticent about what he could actually do live to make it an interesting spectacle.

That said I'll probably end up going along...

brilliant. when are tickets available?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I dunno man, that was the second (or was it third) AC gig in a row to go wrong in Dublin - no fault of theirs admittedly. Watching PB hit the play button on his sequencer didn't do a hell of alot for me to compensate to be honest.

I like the music he makes, but would be reticent about what he could actually do live to make it an interesting spectacle.

That said I'll probably end up going along...

good question. It hard to keep up with all the AC gig mishaps that happened here.

I think that was a refixed gig from one that got cancelled for some reason or other.

Then the next one didn't happen because their bus broke down, but then they got a last minute thing set up in Whelans (which apparently was deadly and which I'm still a bit sick over). And the one after that was in Tripod and took place pretty much mishap-free.

In London he's playing Heaven, which is a bit of an odd venue (have they always done gigs?). Had to check it wasn't some sort of club night thing. Anyway, not many tickets left for that one.

In London he's playing Heaven, which is a bit of an odd venue (have they always done gigs?). Had to check it wasn't some sort of club night thing. Anyway, not many tickets left for that one.
Yeah Heaven has hosted gigs for years, though admitedly not very often. I've seen both PWEI and The Strokes in there in the past.

good question. It hard to keep up with all the AC gig mishaps that happened here.

I think that was a refixed gig from one that got cancelled for some reason or other.

Then the next one didn't happen because their bus broke down, but then they got a last minute thing set up in Whelans (which apparently was deadly and which I'm still a bit sick over). And the one after that was in Tripod and took place pretty much mishap-free.

They played in Tripod and Avey/Dave was sick so he didn't sing anything and basically just hunched over his keyboard looking sick. All Panda Bear AC tunes, then he did some solo stuff at the end. They were booked again by Tripod to come back, but their bus broke down on the way from All Tomorrows Parties so it was cancelled, but they played in Whelans that night (which many original ticket holders didn't hear about but was technically a separate gig I suppose) then they finally came back again and played Tripod but they'd gone pop and the place was fulled of pilled-up maniacs and was probably too packed get comfortable (possibly impossible in Tripod anyway).

I went to London to see them a year ago and they were better than anytime I saw them here. Much better vibe.

Panda Bear in Vicar St.... delighted! I read that he was moving away from sample based stuff, but I imagine it'll still be him pushing buttons on one machine or another.

Foggy Notions presents

The debut Irish performance of

PANDA BEAR

Vicar Street, March 12th, 2010

Doors 7.30pm

www.ticketmaster.ie

Foggy Notions is proud to present the debut Irish performance of acclaimed American musician Panda Bear, aka Noah Lennox of Animal Collective.

"You can feel the warmth pouring out of the music. Overwhelming and inspirational." - 2007 Pitchfork Album of the Year (9.4/10)

"Brimming with child-like wonder." - Simon Reynolds, Observer Music Monthly *****

"Just such a heavenly thing, shaping psychedelic pop into blissful electronic shapes." - The Guardian ****

INSTINCTIVELY NOMADIC AND MUSICALLY INQUISITIVE, PANDA BEAR (NOAH LENNOX) HAS ALWAYS BEEN SEARCHING THE LAND FOR INSPIRATION AND MEANING. AS A TEENAGER IN HIS HOMETOWN OF BALTIMORE, PANDA BEAR CREATED HIS FIRST SOLO RECORD, THE LONG OUT-OF-PRINT, FIRST (AND LAST) ALBUM ON HIS AND DEAKIN’S (JOSHMIN) SOCCER STAR RECORDS. PANDA THEN MADE HIS WAY TO UNIVERSITY IN BOSTON. TROUBLE AND CRAZY THINGS HAPPENED SO HE CAME DOWN TO NEW YORK AT THE TURN OF THE MILLENIUM TO CONGREGATE WITH HIS RECENTLY-CONVENED ANIMAL BRETHREN (AVEY TARE, GEOLOGIST AND DEAKIN). ANIMAL COLLECTIVE WERE BORN AGAIN.

WHEN NOT WORKING ON ANIMAL COLLECTIVE MATERIAL, PANDA BEAR CREATES LOTS OF MUSIC BY HIMSELF AND WITH SCOTTY MOU (DJ CASIO - QUEENS) IN JANE. HE ALSO MAKES JAMS WITH OTHER ANIMAL BROS AND RUSTY SANTOS FOR FASHION SHOWS AS TOGETHER. NEVER STICKING WITH ANY PARTICULAR SOUND, PANDA’S RANGE GOES FROM THE QUIET HUMBLE JAMS OF YOUNG PRAYER TO HIS LATEST RELEASE OF ELECTRONIC POP AMAZEMENT, PERSON PITCH. PANDA BEAR CURRENTLY RESIDES IN LISBON, PORTUGAL.

http://www.myspace.com/aveytareandpandabear

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back