Panda Bear (3 Viewers)

i enjoyed the show.
crowd was a bit sedated but its not as if people were gonna be doing cart wheels all around the place anyway. its panda bear playing new stuff

All bands should play 60 minute sets. Am I the only person who starts to want gigs to end around the 60 minute mark regardless of how incredible the band are?

60 minutes then an encore or including encore?

I can handle 45mins to an hour without break if the band are really focussed on having the hour run like a real show. if it's an hour of playing a greatest hits show or songs which don't flow at all or one of those hey audience what should we do now "song talk song talk song talk" it gets grating really quickly. On the other hand if the "show" aspect is impersonal then it grates too. Encores are great when the band do something completely different to the preceding set of songs.
I say 45 minutes to an hour at most for a set and if you do an encore do your talking to the audience, weird covers and b-sides then leave swiftly and be polite for fuck sake I hate hearing how "great Belfast was last night" I don't turn up to my mates swanky dinner parties sit down to my soup and hor deurves and start going on about how great the dinner party was last night that would just be frowned upon.

Good Examples

Slint at Vicar street : Focussed to a silly degree but it suited what they were doing.

Sonic Youth at Brixton academy the set was the whole of sonic nurse the encore was a mini greatest hits and then a twenty five minute Expressway it felt like the set was short and broken into three seperate pieces but it was over two hours. Concise (not a word usually associated with sonic youth live)

Yo La Tengo: just in general.

The Ex: again just in general

Bad examples

Interpol: just in general

Flaming Lips: Shut up Wayne.

Sebadoh: look our equipment is shit YAY!!! Wait a few minutes there will you.

It wasn't very dancey apart from 2 or 3 songs. There was a guy with flashing rabbit ears hanging out with a girl dressed up as a harajuku panda or something. They looked like they were really disappointed that it wasn't a big rave. I think a lot of people went to it expecting it to be like that because the Animal Collective gig was a bit like that but it's only very recently that their gigs have been kind of like a dance gig.

There was a lady at the back doing interprative dancing on her own, reckon she might have visited one of them dastardly head shops beforehand.

There was a lady at the back doing interprative dancing on her own, reckon she might have visited one of them dastardly head shops beforehand.

Ha ha ha ha yeah her and her boyfriend were sitting beside us. She was talking continuously while her boyfriend sat there almost motionless looking at the stage. Then Panda Bear came on and she hopped up and started busting the moves like a mad yoke. Her boyfriend still sat there motionless not looking very impressed. She packed some serious amount of wine into herself though!!! Commendable.

There was a guy with flashing rabbit ears hanging out with a girl dressed up as a harajuku panda or something. They looked like they were really disappointed that it wasn't a big rave.

They were also complete tools. Yer man and his mate insisted on screaming down thir phone all the way through Kurt Vile.

There was a guy with flashing rabbit ears hanging out with a girl dressed up as a harajuku panda or something. They looked like they were really disappointed that it wasn't a big rave.

They were also complete tools. Yer man and his mate insisted on screaming down their phone all the way through Kurt Vile.

They were also complete tools. Yer man and his mate insisted on screaming down their phone all the way through Kurt Vile.

Those flashing ears parked in front of me at one point. They were ruining the visual aesthetic so they were.
I shamed him into turning them off by reminding him that he couldn't see how irritating they were.

Go me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back