Panda Bear (2 Viewers)

I couldn't really give a toss about Panda Bear (my oul pair thought it was some kids entertainment thing), can't wait to see Kurt Vile.

Hives, take my arm and let us hop aboard the Freak Train, yes?

I'm already on it! He was so good playing to about 25 people last December. I'm hoping the band is with him again.

Great gig. Kurt Vile was deadly. He had a great guitar sound. Panda Bear was great. Nice short sets too. I only got there to see Angkorwat say goodbye. Was she good?

Enjoyed Kurt despite him being on his own. I preferred the gig with the band to get the fullness of the songs.
Panda BORE.
I will never understand. Nope. Never. Maybe I needed drugs.

I like Person Pitch but I'll have to add Panda Bear live to things I don't understand either.
Monotonous beats, meandering, no variety. Lasted 2.5 songs of Kurt Vile. Ah well.

It wasn't great.

Kurt Vile was terrible, does he put on that Bob Dylan singing voice for a bet or something?

Panda Bear had maybe three good songs, rest was average at best.

All in all, meh.

It wasn't great.

Kurt Vile was terrible, does he put on that Bob Dylan singing voice for a bet or something?

All in all, meh.

Bob Dylan, I don't get that comparison but I if that was anyone's first introduction to Kurt I wouldn't be surprised if they were underwhelmed. The songs are so much better with the full band and the albums are damn good imho.

I think the new Panda Bear stuff that made up about 90% of his set is still work-in-progress.. minus most of the layering that he normally puts on his recordings the repetetiveness in the song structures was very apparent. Still enjoyed the opening and closing sections but agree that it did become monotonous after a while. Kurt Vile's set was pleasant but didn't really grab me, seems like it'd take a bit of living with to really get into.

Panda Bear was just dull. It'd be great music if it had've been 4am in some sunny beach paradise and we were all coming down from a night of pills but 10pm on a Friday evening in March and it was just shite. Kurt Vile was good though he needed his band and he's also The Nicest Man in Rock. We bought him a pint of Guinness but he was so humble and friendly I wanted to bring him home and keep him as my pet.

It wasn't great.

All in all, meh.

Dylan is a far better singer than Kurt Vile to be fair! His performance was fairly poor I thought, though I like some of his songs on record, it didn't work for me at all last night. All those mingin chorusy-phasing effects on semi-acoustic guitar (with a cut away) - bleugh! I did like his 90s metaller hair though.

Panda Bear was very trippy. I enjoyed it, but I kinda knew exactly what it was going to be like having listened to that bootleg. Like Richie said, the recorded version will probably be a lot less sparse.

Very divisive, these Animal Collective lads.
I like approximately one song from every album I've heard, which correlates roughly to the percentage of people who enjoy their live shows.
I wasn't there.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

edit:
why won't that come up as a video?

edit iv:
i know why. incompetence!

I thought it was superb.

Me too, really enjoyed Panda Bear despite having had reservations about how good his live show could be.
Great sound and nicely worked visuals added to it. I'm looking forward to the new record.

Kurt Vile was disappointing, really lethargic, all the songs seems slower than on record. It was like he had just woken up on the couch after a heavy session the night before and walked straight on stage.

Dear Noah Lennox,

I'd appreciate a set longer than 60 minutes next time.

Sincerely,

GrumpyEditor.

PS - If anyone knows the annoying loud black haired girl who stood front of stage left and shouted to her mates through mostly every song please feel free to give her a clip round the ear as she's a bint.

All bands should play 60 minute sets. Am I the only person who starts to want gigs to end around the 60 minute mark regardless of how incredible the band are?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back