Palestine (3 Viewers)

i think all the israeli's, all the palestinians, hamas, syrians, egyptians, iranians and the US and EU should all sit down and decide how to wipe out the blacks.

hamas goal is the "total obliteration of the state of israel", that's fact, you'll read it anywhere.

Is there a difference between wanting to obliterate the state of Israel and the actual obliteration of the people of Palestine? (There's no Palestinian state to obliterate.) I think if you had been forced off your land in 1967 and lived in an open-air prison in humiliation and violence since then, you might want to do away with the state that did it too. It doesn't make Hamas right, it just acknowledges the cause and effect that gave rise to this carnage.

Is there a difference between wanting to obliterate the state of Israel and the actual obliteration of the people of Palestine?

Yes, this is kind of the crux of the matter really. There is a clear difference. In one case you are talking about obliterating a political entity (i.e. a state), in the other case you are talking about obliterating people. People, on both sides of this thing, confuse these two things. They don't necessarily equate though obviously sometimes they do.

I don't believe though that Israel are trying to obliterate the people of Palestine, if that's what you are implying. If they wanted to do that they could. They are doing a pretty good job though of obliterating the whole apparatus of potential Palestinian statehood .. so in a sense they are obliterating the state before it has had any chance of coming into being.

Israeli forces shelled a house in the Gaza Strip which they had moved around 110 Palestinians into 24 hours earlier, the UN quotes witnesses as saying.
The UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) called it "one of the gravest incidents" since the beginning of the offensive.
The shelling at Zeitoun, a south-east suburb of Gaza City, on 5 January killed some 30 people, the report said.
Israel said the allegations were being investigated.
"According to several testimonies, on 4 January Israeli foot soldiers evacuated approximately 110 Palestinians into a single-residence house in Zeitoun (half of whom were children) warning them to stay indoors," the OCHA report said.
"Twenty-four hours later, Israeli forces shelled the home repeatedly, killing approximately 30."
The UN said those who survived and were able walked 2km to the main north-south road to be transported to hospital in civilian vehicles.
"Three children, the youngest of whom was five months old, died upon arrival at the hospital," the report said.
An estimated 770 Palestinians and 14 Israelies have died in nearly two weeks of Israel's air and ground offensive against the Palestinian militant group Hamas. The UN Security Council has called for an immediate ceasefire and the withdrawal of Israeli troops from Gaza.

From the BBC.

posted by johnnystress:

Re: Palestine
has this been posted already?

http://www.myfreevideos.info/video/2...-SKY-NEWS.html

i'd love to see him pissed...saw it at the time...think he's good at upsetting the cart and ferociously wrestles w the balance of broadcasted info...the 'bias' war is interesting but thats not where a solution lies...not sure he's got real solutions.

'what a silly person you are'...a much underused expression.

I wonder does that include friendly fire? I think three Isreali soliders were hit by their own tank.

Yes it does, hilariously.

The IDF keep assuring the media that their strikes are surgically targetted at hamas fighters and strong holds, yet in the first day of the ground offensive they had 3 deaths and 26 injuries from 6 separate incidents of friendly fire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back