Pacific Ocean Blue (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter AMC
  • Start date
  • Replies 62
  • Views 6K
  • Watchers 2
I have to admit I was obsessed by smile when it first came out..I will admit tho' there's something a bit winsome and human about Dennis Wilson's stuff -

Maybe brian wilson has nothing but melody - I mean Mr. Van Dyke Park's lyrics are sheer daft nonsense - yea it's definitely a grower...There's one instrumental one of bambuu - called common - its anything but - fabulous tinkling of the ivorys

All I know is that Pacific Ocean Blue pisses all over anything Brian has done outside the Beach Boys

obviously no one rates Carl Wilson's two LPs - Carl Wilson and Youngblood.

you would expect them to be good but there not. boring bland MOR stuff. I really the songs he wrote with the beach boys in the early 70's like feel flows, long promised road, trader.

Sometimes i think because he was not a prolific writer and then wrote those albums really quick it just didnt work

heading down to the post office at 5 to collect my triple lp POB

amazon.com

along with the new Dirty Harry box set and a Richard Thompson comp. It was an extra $4 for expedited shipping so I went for that.
Took a week to arrive.

Strange? I ordered mine months ago and they still haven't shipped it?? I had heard that they sold out of the first two lots they had. Don't know if that's a rumour or what?

Strange? I ordered mine months ago and they still haven't shipped it?? I had heard that they sold out of the first two lots they had. Don't know if that's a rumour or what?

It has sold a lot of units, especially in the US. Hit their charts. I did hear that the demand for the vinyl was especially high.

But Amazon are listing it as 'in stock'.

It could be possible that the entry for the item you ordered is now dead. Happened to me with the Elvis Costello Juliet Letters remaster. Pre-ordered it, a week passed after the release date and it still hadn't shipped. Checked the link for the item in my order and it was 'we don't know when this will be in stock'. Did a search on Amazon for the item by name and found an 'in stock' entry.

Look at this page and you'll see two entries for the Pacific Ocean Blue vinyl - one says 'currently unavailable'.

If I were you I'd cancel the existing order and re-order using the live link.

Unless there's a price difference which might make it less attractive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back