Pacific Ocean Blue (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter AMC
  • Start date
  • Replies 62
  • Views 5K
  • Watchers 2
I got those discs too. None of em will play anymore though. copying them again wont work.

Two lane blacktop - I'm still not sure if this film is any good or not :confused:

Dan Addington was the guy's name.

speaking of things DW, I got the Criterion edition of Two Lane Blacktop in the post this week. Nice looking edition with a cool essay and a book of the original screenplay.

Oh my God! We'll actually be able to buy it soon. I'm really curious about this album, I've read so much and heard nothing. Dennis was class!

Picked it up today. The remastered POB sounds superb!! The artwork is beautifully put together I have to say. Bambu sounds fucking great. It really flows like a completed project (which I suppose it is now...) It's a nice progression from POB too. Stuff like 'School Girl' and 'Common' really stood out on the first listen.

Ordered the 3lp Sundazed version from amazon.com a couple of weeks back. The vinyl looks well swank from the pictures I've seen. I'd recommend buying it from amazon as it looks like the cheapest place at the moment.

What a year it's been for all things BB and Wilson related, and we've still got 'That Lucky Old Sun' to look forward to in September. That's going to blow everything out of the water. A serious contender for album of the year already, that in my mind already had the calibre of a 'Smile' 'Pet Sounds' or 'Sunflower'. Roll on September 2nd!!!!

:)

Got my copy today. 12.49euro from Play.

Beautiful packaging, just reading the booklet at the moment. Really enjoying the record so far.

Dennis-Wilson-Pacific-Ocean-Blu-427058.jpg

Best reissue thingy I've bought in years

I liked it a fair bit - POB a bit better than bambu - A lot depends on how you regard his voise - its a little bit too eddie cochran/elvis costello (I swear!) for me - but some of the arrangements and tunes are stunning.

I think Thoughts of You is one mind blowing 3 minute epic - totally far out - overall at 19 euro a good punt I thought - tho ultimately it would have to be Smile by brother Brian for me!

Is there a fairly new Brian Wilson album?

Is it any good?

kpx

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back