Oxygen program, got one? (1 Viewer)

Hayworth said:
It has nothing to do with being a 'hater' -- can you seriously tell me that spending two or three days with drunken idiots in the mud is worth it? Take away any singles people know from the radio and blindfold half the people there...I would put money on it that they could not tell most of those bands apart.

Rita, you can hang around with me. I'm going, but only to pour scorn on the kids who are getting up to shennanigans, the likes of which would never have been seen in our day.

scutter said:
Rita, you can hang around with me. I'm going, but only to pour scorn on the kids who are getting up to shennanigans, the likes of which would never have been seen in our day.

In OUR day..... jesus man, I am not THAT old rather just bitter and jaded.

scutter said:
Green Room
12:00 - Delorentos
21:45 - Sigur Ros
jesus, thats a long all-night set from Sigur Ros.

anyway - if anyone's about drop over and have a look on sunday.

mark said:
best of luck to keiran and the boys though

cheers mark - seeya soon!

The amount of knackers and rednecks buying booze and shit food in aldi and lidl parnell street way on friday was horrifying, i had to by beer but i kept my distance. also new tents in there bags. and fat birds buying more sugary foods than you could consume in a year. All around, a beautiful showcase of irelands worst. Did the place feel any better this weekend with all our z list civilians gone? pied piper and all that. je suis un snob.

Weather....Saturday = pox. The rain was bad, but it was the gale force winds that made it hard to bear walking around. Sunday = grand from 2pm or so....

We are Scientists and CYHSY were daycent. Franz Ferdinand had a good vibe also. The Zutons = whatever but the crowd looked up for it. Gemma Hayes = grand, eye candy, usual. Lily Allen = kinda stylish, fair play to her coz she's like a deer in headlights. Pretty Girls Make Graves = shite, and had about 2.5 rows of people watching them.

Delorentos = (not just saying this) absolutely fuckin deadly. And filling the Green Room 3/4 full at 12pm is snazz..

i hope that goodness me is one of disgust

Phoenix were amazing but only got 25minutes!
played the first 4songs of "its never been like that" and then if i ever feel better off united and run run run off alphabetical,

they were just about to launch into FUNKY FUCKING SQUARE DANCE when the stage manager booted them off, felt like a trailer for a real gig, hopefully they'll come back in october now though.

i dont really care to comment on the rest of the bands, some were good, most were shit, meh!

oh dear, I just had a look at the Oxegen message board. Seems like a group of rampant republican youngsters went on the rampage in the campsite, buring down tents for Ireland.

Call me an old-fashioned fogey but I took a walk through one of the campsites to get to the car park and I don't understand how they could get insurance for such a shambles. Tents strewn everywhere with no room to move. With an abundance of drunkards in such an environment its understandable how so many rows would have broken out.

Not camping I was oblivious to most of the trouble. I did see a fight at Clap Your Hands, but kids love fighting at gigs so I didn't think much of it.

My experience of the weekend was positive and it far surpassed my cynical expectation of things. I hung out in one of the old people tents so didn't suffer the weather that much either.

Seeing a band at a festival isn't like going to watch one of their own gigs. Its like seeing a city from an airport. I went to the Eels gig on friday night in TBMC, and saw them again on saturday at Oxegen to see the difference. Still enjoyable, but vastly inferior to friday's show.

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah are appaling live. Older bands like Divine Comedy, Charlatans and Primal Scream played a lot of their back catalogue, so it was them that did it for me. And The Who as well. Class altogether.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back