Oxbow, Tophi (ex-Gout) & Easpa Measa - Whelans, 17th July. (2 Viewers)

RAD-ALARM said:
damo and steveo saw them in san fransisco a few years ago with zeni geva and neurosis and other mad shit and said they're unreal.
holy shit - that video. hahaha.

there was a feature on them in 'vice' mag and apparently the singer is into beating the shit out of audience members? kinda like a g.g. allen wannabe then?

i think it's more that he invites people on stage who reckon they might be able to take him on... i don't think he's ever been shown up... total bagsies on the balcony for this one...

spectraljanitor said:
there was a feature on them in 'vice' mag and apparently the singer is into beating the shit out of audience members? kinda like a g.g. allen wannabe then?

i swear i could imagine any kind of ruckus ever breaking out in whelans like ever...i'd swear.

now the high stool...i hope the outlaws are hanging out that night or just general limerick scumbags!

Apparently, the singer, Eugene, is an editor for a martial arts magazine called GRAPPLING, and is a submission fighter. My brother told me this... So stay away from the front at this gig!!!

RAD-ALARM said:
i swear i could imagine any kind of ruckus ever breaking out in whelans like ever...i'd swear.

now the high stool...i hope the outlaws are hanging out that night or just general limerick scumbags!

Heh heh heh, that'd be fun.

was talking to a couple of people who went to the show in nottingham the other night... like, they're normal people... but, a couple of days after the show, they're finding themselves transfixed every now and again with images from the show and they can't seem to shake them... as in, finding themselves, in work, mouths open, mesmorised, drooling... then snapping themselves out of it... apparently, it's like a really weird drug made up of images, that's they way people are describing it...

unedited interview...

EG: Hi Eugene, Just going to whack you off a couple of questions in the dark.

Eugene Oxbow: Whack me off, eh? Well I'll just leave that alone and not even address the possibility of getting a hand job from a journalist.

EG: So I'm not too familiar with Oxbow but will be by the show.

Eugene Oxbow: Well peruse www.theoxbow.com at your leisure. It may help. Will probably definitely hurt.

EG: Sorry for the vagueness of the questions but you should know my purpose is try and get people down...

Eugene Oxbow: Okey dokey.

EG: So for those unfamiliar with the band, describe the Oxbow experience?

Eugene Oxbow: Imagine, if you would, coming home to discover my cock inside of everything at your house that you hold dear. Your mother. Your cat. Your car. And you know you still wouldn't even be very close.

EG: You hail from San Francisco?

Eugene Oxbow: Well we all hail Caesar.

EG: What’s been your recording history?

Eugene Oxbow: Records, mostly.

EG: Tell us about the art collaborations you’ve been involved in?

Eugene Oxbow: Well we've hit the hustings with everyone from Lydia Lunch, Marianne Faithfull, Jarboe from The Swans, the dear and departed Kathy Acker, Steve Albini, Richard Kern, the Rova Sax folks, and the list goes on and on and not nearly so significant for what they actually contributed as to the fact that they're minds were where our minds were at for that moment in time.

EG: We hear there’s extreme fighting involved, which is a new sport to us? Any chance you could explain it?

Eugene Oxbow: Well there are lots of cool fighters over there...Mark Weir, Ian Freeman...it's called alternatively No Hold's barred fighting...submission fighting, mixed martial arts...ultimate fighting and it involves boxing, wrestling, jiu jitsu, kick boxing, all mixed up...I suggest you see the next event in your area as it's like nothing you've ever seen before.

EG: Are you looking forward to the Dublin show?

Eugene Oxbow: Yeah. Actually not having been there since we recorded over at windmill lane with Marianne, well yeah....

EG: Should the audience bring anything in particular?

Eugene Oxbow: Drugs. Poison mushrooms. Sharpened screwdrivers. And the boys should bring their girls. And the girls should bring condoms. That's all I can think of.

EG: Thanks for your time, Best, Dave.

Eugene Oxbow: Ah...you're a dude. Well forget that bit about the hand job then. Cheers, Eugene.

ha ha ha, i'm kidding dude! i quit that shit nigh on 2 years ago... ha ha ha, so many levels...

let's just celebrate the coolness of boys who can control their sphincter everywhere with one of these here hi-5s...

hi-5 :D

Pantone247 said:
:(

you just had to go get all over excited

if you think I'm touching that hand....

Its great to see all these hi-5`s and stuff goin down - but...uh - its getting twisted!

...are Oxbow good, on a musical level?
They may be interesting to see live - the front man`s a loony...fightin etc...etc - but are they any good?
Do they rock?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Jim White & Marisa Anderson (Thrill Jockey)
Whelan's Main Room
25 Wexford St, Portobello, Dublin 2, D02 H527, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back