Oxbow DVD? (1 Viewer)

it comes as a dvd with the new oxbow cd "Love thats last". got it in plugd records last saturday.

Pantone247 said:
that gig in whelans a few years back is still the weirdest thing I've ever seen. Huge huge huge black dude, scary as fuck, eyes rolling back in his head, strips to his y-fronts and starts feeling himself up...

That gig got very mixed reactions! i thought they were pretty shite actually

This was in Road a few months ago. It's mostly about Robinson. He is a highly intelligent man.

Read his diary on the Oxbow site - he has entries for all the Irish dates. Cork sounded like a particularly funny gig. Some clothes designer (or something like that) started heckling him from the balcony. What followed was quite funny....He also said to some guy who was there with his girlfriend, "why the fuck would would you bring a girl this fine to an Oxbow gig?" during this whole debacle.
Out of curiosity does the guy who put on the Limerick show post here. He was described as a "fugazi" kinda guy "who might stab me any minute"!

The most impressive aspect of the Dublin show was their awesome guitarist Nico.

Nate Champion said:
Cork sounded like a particularly funny gig. Some clothes designer (or something like that) started heckling him from the balcony. What followed was quite funny....He also said to some guy who was there with his girlfriend, "why the fuck would would you bring a girl this fine to an Oxbow gig?" during this whole debacle.

that sounds like the limerick gig

i'll spare the blushes of the person on the recieving end of "is that your boyfriend? huh huh huh huh"

great gig

Be the Hokey said:
That gig got very mixed reactions! i thought they were pretty shite actually

I can't remember what they sounded like, I was too busy being terrified of Eugene... uuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I don't think it was really my bag at all, I only went cause Fogo told me he was going to fight him

Everytime he took a step forward the audience took a step back.
In person he's quite the gentleman.

Pantone247 said:
that gig in whelans a few years back is still the weirdest thing I've ever seen. Huge huge huge black dude, scary as fuck, eyes rolling back in his head, strips to his y-fronts and starts feeling himself up...

Yeah, the place was half empty though so there was plenty of room to cower.
Did he get his lad out that night? I know he was threatening to but I can't remember.

I don't think his mickey came out fully, but he was wringing the sweat out of his Y-fronts and leaving little to the imagination. I really enjoyed the gig, bought a CD on the night which I wasn't so keen on.

There's only one yoga boy round here and that's fogo.

Come to think of it, he was the one who told us to go see a near naked man perform wrestling moves on the audience. The signs were there all along.

dhalsim23ym6wi.gif

dhalsim.gif

You know what's also funny, but quite disturbing is he fucked some man in the dark once! This is in his diary too. It was on the U.K tour also. He claimed he just saw a hole with hair around it and thought it was a woman. All your man said was 'you really hurt me!' or something along those lines....

Also the girl on the couch story in Limerick - he takes a picture of her and goes off to bed with a bottle of wine!

Artist: Oxbow
Title: The Narcotic Story
Label: Hydra Head Records

The malls whisper. The halls whisper. The phone rings. And you are mocked and shamed while walls shiver down like wet sand and it is noticed like you are noticed, which is to say: not at all. And through all of their glass, steel and formless cold you move like it moves, along and alone, and you sleep while standing and you stand while waiting for buses and cars and in clubs at bars.

And then there is change. Crystalline change.

And between spaces and for spaces of the full measure of IT ALL what was big becomes small and what's small becomes animal grand until it's you, and handfuls of you, running into the always firing sun: a love that spells its name along the frame of everything that's broken. For good. For ever. And so it goes that OXBOW'S THE NARCOTIC STORY, co-produced by Grammy-winning producer-mixer JOE CHICCARELLI [FRANK ZAPPA, AMERICAN MUSIC CLUB, THE SHINS, THE RACONTEURS] is the sixth chambered installment of a suicide that plays itself out on the hustings of a substanced and principled addiction to failure while the band plays on.

From their previous time and tutelage with the estimable STEVE ALBINI, seven records, multiple tours of Europe, Asia, and the United States, a documentary film [MUSIC FOR ADULTS], TV appearances [ViVA TV] and collaborations with a raft of luminaries of stage and screen - MARIANNE FAITHFULL, LYDIA LUNCH, JARBOE, KLAUS FLOURIDE, RICHARD KERN-OXBOW and their penchant for plumb lines of catastrophe direct THE NARCOTIC STORY, the first in a triptych [to later include both a film and a soundtrack] of successful [and beautiful] ruin.

PAST stage performances have included outings with CASPAR & PETER BROTZMANN, THE MELVINS, JESU, BIG BUSINESS, JESUS LIZARD, THE BOREDOMS, KING DIAMOND, ORANJ SYMPHONETTE, GENGHIS TRON, YAKUZA, NEUROSIS, ZENI GEVA, SHELLAC, BORIS, THE RUINS, THE UNSANE, CONVERGE, DEERHOOF, SAHARA HOTNIGHTS, ZU, ARAB ON RADAR, SIX FINGERED SATELLITE, PELICAN, and more.

OXBOW [and OXBOW's acoustic duo LOVE'S HOLIDAY] is touring Europe with ISIS from May 24th to June 22, 2007. With additional outings July 2nd in London and July 15th in Birmingham, England for the Supersonic Festival.

www.hydrahead.com

--------

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back