Oven Food (1 Viewer)

Wobbler

Website
www.discogs.com
Hi. My gas cylinder has run out so for I'll be making dinner this evening using only my oven/grill and mircowave (no Eddie Hobbes) . Can anybody suggest something tastyand not too unhealthy using easily available ingrediants. Since I have a very long commute anything too time consuming is out of the question. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I had fillet steak done in the oven with cashel blue yesterday. It was delicious, especially with the blue Chimay I washed it down with, but expensive

DrOetkerPizzaVegetal15.jpg

Stick a load of veg/potatoes in the oven with loads of seasoning. Takes about half an hour. Or potatoe gratin.

Or, since you have microwave access, steam a load of your favorite veggies and roughly chopped peeled potatoes (keep them separate. Put the veggies in a casserole dish, season with salt, pepper, your favorite herbs etc, pour a tin of chopped tomatoes over the top, cover with the potatoes with a few knobs of butter and sprinkle with cheese. Put in the oven until the cheese goes golden. Any leftovers make an amazing soup if you blitz them with a bit of stock, milk or cream and then reheat.

Or, since you have microwave access, steam a load of your favorite veggies and roughly chopped peeled potatoes (keep them separate. Put the veggies in a casserole dish, season with salt, pepper, your favorite herbs etc, pour a tin of chopped tomatoes over the top, cover with the potatoes with a few knobs of butter and sprinkle with cheese. Put in the oven until the cheese goes golden. Any leftovers make an amazing soup if you blitz them with a bit of stock, milk or cream and then reheat.
I knew you'd bring home the (metaphorical) bacon Squiggle. Sounds nice. That's what I'll do. Thanks moose. Thanks HMD too, but since cooking is my way of unwinding after difficults days, I usually avoid pizzas.

Stick a load of veg/potatoes in the oven with loads of seasoning. Takes about half an hour. Or potatoe gratin.
was gonna suggest the same.
aubergine, sweet potato, red onion, roughly chopped, season,little oil add some garlic cloves too (can leave skins on) bung in oven. can serve several ways, on its own with some wilted spinach and grilled/baked fish/chicken. or mix it with some boil in bag cous cous and serve with the meat/fish of choice.

also cut some tomatoes in half. place in tray cut side up, sprinkle some garlic and green chilli over bung in oven about 45 mins. roughly chop to make tasty relish, serve with roasted butternut squash.

pork steak is also very tasty.

think this is a jamie oliver job, very good though. pork chops, parsnips and pears all baked in a tray together. marinate the pork chops, in a pestle and mortar lighlty crush some garlic and rosemary add olive oil and lemon juice, also tear up some of the lemon skins and add them in. your better off doing this the night before, if your arsed. cut the parsnips and pears lenght ways, put all in the tray together and pour over left over marinade.

was gonna suggest the same.
aubergine, sweet potato, red onion, roughly chopped, season,little oil add some garlic cloves too (can leave skins on) bung in oven. can serve several ways, on its own with some wilted spinach and grilled/baked fish/chicken. or mix it with some boil in bag cous cous and serve with the meat/fish of choice.

also cut some tomatoes in half. place in tray cut side up, sprinkle some garlic and green chilli over bung in oven about 45 mins. roughly chop to make tasty relish, serve with roasted butternut squash.

pork steak is also very tasty.

think this is a jamie oliver job, very good though. pork chops, parsnips and pears all baked in a tray together. marinate the pork chops, in a pestle and mortar lighlty crush some garlic and rosemary add olive oil and lemon juice, also tear up some of the lemon skins and add them in. your better off doing this the night before, if your arsed. cut the parsnips and pears lenght ways, put all in the tray together and pour over left over marinade.

They sound good. I'' print out your post and Squiggles and bring them to the shops and see what ingredients I can get. I'm also toying with the idea of getting a tin of beans, which I can do in the microwave and getting a €20 bottle of wine.

ive been digging homemade wedges lately.
you can buy the seasoning in different flavours (cajun, garlic & herbs, cheese)
wash a few spuds, cut them up into wedge like shapes. get a baking tray and coat it in some olive oil.
put the wedges in and sprinkle the coating then cook for about 35 minutes in the oven. try and move them around every so often cause they always seem to stick.

Grind some fennel seeds and garlic. Add semolina. seam some spuds chopped into manageable chumks or wedges fer a couple of mins . Toss them in the semolina. lash them onto a try slather in olive oil and bake untill crispy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back