Oven Food (2 Viewers)

Or, since you have microwave access, steam a load of your favorite veggies and roughly chopped peeled potatoes (keep them separate. Put the veggies in a casserole dish, season with salt, pepper, your favorite herbs etc, pour a tin of chopped tomatoes over the top, cover with the potatoes with a few knobs of butter and sprinkle with cheese. Put in the oven until the cheese goes golden. Any leftovers make an amazing soup if you blitz them with a bit of stock, milk or cream and then reheat.

pork steak is also very tasty.

think this is a jamie oliver job, very good though. pork chops, parsnips and pears all baked in a tray together. marinate the pork chops, in a pestle and mortar lighlty crush some garlic and rosemary add olive oil and lemon juice, also tear up some of the lemon skins and add them in. your better off doing this the night before, if your arsed. cut the parsnips and pears lenght ways, put all in the tray together and pour over left over marinade.
I've tried both of these in the last few days with pleasing results

Sorry Wobbler, just thinkin out loud.

But seriously pastry is cheap and tasty. I'd make a pie with braising steak and red wine.

While we are on the subject of pies does anyone know any butchers in the city centre that sell kidney? I want to make a steak and kidney pie.

FX Buckley on North Earl St sell quite a bit of offal. Not sure about kidney though. Maybe worth a try though.

Ok, thanks. I'll try them. It's either that or carry it up on the train from the parents next time I visit them.

You still restricted to oven cooking?

Ok, thanks. I'll try them. It's either that or carry it up on the train from the parents next time I visit them.

You still restricted to oven cooking?
Unfortunatly. Sorting out a gas cylinder is proving tricky without a car. We've to get a lift. Hopefuly in the next week or two.

When are you making the pie? I'll probably be walking by those butchers at some stage today, I could ask them, just to be sure. It might save you a disapointing trip.

Unfortunatly. Sorting out a gas cylinder is proving tricky without a car. We've to get a lift. Hopefuly in the next week or two.

When are you making the pie? I'll probably be walking by those butchers at some stage today, I could ask them, just to be sure. It might save you a disapointing trip.

So you are still looking for more oven-only recipies?

Ah, that would be great, if you wouldn't mind. I've just been wanting to make one for a while now, I've got about 5 or 6 amazing looking recipies... but getting kidney seems to be impossible, or nearly so.

So you are still looking for more oven-only recipies?

Ah, that would be great, if you wouldn't mind. I've just been wanting to make one for a while now, I've got about 5 or 6 amazing looking recipies... but getting kidney seems to be impossible, or nearly so.
Yes, any oven only recipes would still be appreciated. Hopefuly not for much longer though. I'll try and swing by the butchers and I'll let you know.

Is it lamb kidneys you're after? If so, they have them.

Beef kidneys are more usual for steak and kidney pie... but lambs kidneys are lovely halved and sauteed in a bit of butter.

Thanks a million for checking. I'll post up a few more recipies later.

Beef kidneys are more usual for steak and kidney pie... but lambs kidneys are lovely halved and sauteed in a bit of butter.

Thanks a million for checking. I'll post up a few more recipies later.
Oh sorry about that. I went in and said "I don't want anything now, but I'm just wondering whether you do kidneys". He said "lamb kindneys?" and I said "ehh yes". He then took out a bag and asked me how many I wanted. It took me a while to explain that I didn't want to buy anything. For some reason I found the whole experience very embarrassing.

If they have lamb kidney, there's a good chance they have beef.

Some more recipies would be nice, if you can't think of anything don't worry, there's plenty more on this thread. Otherwise I can just grill or bake a bit of fish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back