Oul Ladspeak (1 Viewer)

Arch-itect. He was an arch-itect.

My mam says 'niggers' when she's trying to be politically correct. Recently:
"There's a lot of them colours moving in beside him. Or niggers, isn't that what they call them?"

"Do you need your ma to do backin' for you?" if my da sees me with a guitar.

Old Dubs sing in Russian accents. That's a fact, if my perpetually sing-songing uncles are anything to go by. It's the rolled r's. And sing-songs are much more serious affairs with them than with the younger crowd. You have to be able to sing and not just squeak, hoping for everyone to join in.
"It's the boooooooook that my mather gev meeee, that i rrrrrhead evrrrrhy nithght....
And the wisdom down thhhrrrrhu tha agussssss is ththththerrrrthe in my mather's boooooooook"

i just told my mother "I'm inclined to have a headache"...such an old woman thing to say..i think that was one of my grannys sayings. how can you be inclined to have a headache?? anyway i'm gonna get off t'internet and lash some painkillers down me gob!

Anyone ever see that doc that was on RTE or BBC about the Morrow Brothers? Two auld fellahs in Antrim I think who had no leccy or no tv and had a wealth of Oooolsterscotch. I have it on vid somewhere. It was subtitled. A beautiful little film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back