Oscars 2014 (1 Viewer)

And what's the beef with Best Original Song? I think it's great that moviemakers are encouraged to commission original music as part of their process. Ok the ones put forward are usually shite but on occasion the odd good one shines through. Plus the performances are a huge part of the ceremony itself. Fair enough if you just don't like the Oscar but it's a pretty integral part and a worthy one, in my opinion.

And what's the beef with Best Original Song? I think it's great that moviemakers are encouraged to commission original music as part of their process. Ok the ones put forward are usually shite but on occasion the odd good one shines through. Plus the performances are a huge part of the ceremony itself. Fair enough if you just don't like the Oscar but it's a pretty integral part and a worthy one, in my opinion.

There was a jobs-for-the-boys nomination this year.

No one really notices that award usually.

There was a jobs-for-the-boys nomination this year.

No one really notices that award usually.
Yeah I alluded to that earlier in the thread.

I think it means more than you think. Elliot Smith got a huge boost from it commercially speaking, even if he was embarrassed by the whole thing. It opened a lot of doors for Glen Hansard also across the Atlantic too.

Yeah I alluded to that earlier in the thread.

I think it means more than you think. Elliot Smith got a huge boost from it commercially speaking, even if he was embarrassed by the whole thing. It opened a lot of doors for Glen Hansard also across the Atlantic too.

Yeah, but we know Glen cos he's Irish and Elliot cos he's Indie.

I'd be pushed to name one other winner.

Yeah, but we know Glen cos he's Irish and Elliot cos he's Indie.

I'd be pushed to name one other winner.
I could, though I'm a bit of a saddo. I take your point but potentially, whereas it doesn't mean much to the casual viewer over here, it's great exposure in the US.

And if it means Elliott Smith or Bjork or Bruce Springstein or whomever performing at the ceremony then that's reason enough for me.

Don't know how this didn't win best song. Madness

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back