Ordinary decent phone snatchers (1 Viewer)

Jim Daniels

Burls Forever
Supporter
Since 2000
Website
twitter.com
Not music related but kind of really weird..!

I was waiting for a night link last week, standing outside Bewleys on West Morland Street. As I was texting somebody, a group of gougers walked passed and one of them snatched my phone. I was there, "ah man, come on", but he just shook his head and walked off. There was no point in trying to do anything about it. I was really pissed off, the hassle etc. Then about 6 or 7 mins later, they came back and I was thinking "for fecks sake, what now?". And one of them goes, "is this your phone man, well put it in your pocket will ye, Jesus!". And then he says, "look we wouldn't do this for just anybody you know" and then two of them shake my hand and they walk off! How weird is that! The phone is only a crappy Siemens and probably wasn't worth shit to them, but they could have just chucked it..

I kind of vaguely recognised one of them from the streets and may have given him one or two euros a couple of times, so maybe that was it. But it goes to show, criminals with a conscience..!

Mad huh?

Thats all..!

I was outside tara street train station and a scumfuck snatched a ladys phone right in front of me.

I actually pretended not to see it because I was too much of a bitch to chase after him. It's the most shameful thing I've ever done. she was screaming for someone to help and actually ran after him herself for about 100m.

Still makes me feel horrible when I think about it.
If I could turn back the clocks etc etc

Once a bum asked me for a cigarette as i waited for the 747 outside bus arás. i told him to get lost, he said he'd bust my face in. he didn't.

yeah, i've a few friends who've had their phones snatched from their little paws. one friend of mine bought a snazzy picture phone for christmas, 2 weeks later she accidently dropped it down a street drain. funny! :)

haha, this reminds me of that really funny time when two guys with a knife beat the crap out of me and stole my wallet and phone in broad daylight on a saturday afternoon on a busy street. Hilarious.

i guess it was one of those "you had to be there" kind of things.

FancyGoods said:
I was outside tara street train station and a scumfuck snatched a ladys phone right in front of me.

I actually pretended not to see it because I was too much of a bitch to chase after him. It's the most shameful thing I've ever done. she was screaming for someone to help and actually ran after him herself for about 100m.

Still makes me feel horrible when I think about it.
If I could turn back the clocks etc etc
This actually happened to me last summer. I had just done a 10k for charity (see my halo?) and was texting my sister, some guy grabbed my phone outta my hand and him and his mate ran off with it (after throwing an empty bottle of Buckfast at me). Probably due to strange exercise-related endorphins, I screamed blue fucking murder and ran after them through Stephen's Green. Eventually, they got tired and ducked into some bushes. And I went in after them and made them give me my phone back.

Despite a good three or four minutes of my shrieking shaking the bushes, not one person did anything to help. Lots of staring though. (I suppose, what could they do?). Some sunbathers did ask me 'Did you get him?' when I passed them on the way back.

helena kim said:
I screamed blue fucking murder and ran after them through Stephen's Green. Eventually, they got tired and ducked into some bushes. And I went in after them and made them give me my phone back.

wow, how unsuspecting of you they were. Go Girl!

enchance said:
Once a bum asked me for a cigarette as i waited for the 747 outside bus arás. i told him to get lost, he said he'd bust my face in. he didn't.

this happens all the time now, it must be a sub clasue of the smoking ban that you are legally obliged to give tramps your fags if you want to smoke. Another kicking the civil rights for us who enjoy natures own sweet fruits of the tabacoo plant.

One morning on my way to work along Dame Street a trampy mc piss type asked me for a fag. 'No' said I, as I, while havign no problem giving a down and out some change, don't like giving away my precious cigggies, I have worked hard for them afterall, and he said "I'll take it from yah! I'll bleedin' take it from yah"

so being a person of high self preservation insitincts I walked quickly away from him and he ran after me shouting "I'll bleedin take it off yah! I'll bleedin take it from yah!!" (much to the amusement of some spanish tourists.... pricks) and stuff, anyway it was horrible...

so yeah, fucking tramps...

yes! i'm kinda the same. my precious! my precious! i hate giving away cigarettes especially in ireland 'cause they're so bloodly expensive. last summer a bum actually wanted to scab a rolly off me. that's despair!

in times of need of complete freedom from a bum, what else can you do but run like a blouse?

me and my sis got mugged by knifepoint on the DART (not funny). ended up being profiled on crimeline - (hilarious). found out soon after that crimeline has never resulted in a single conviction for any crime it has ever featured!and it's been going for years (is it still?).
the whole programme is just an excuse for grannies who like their irrational granny-fears about the modern wurrild placated.

I was in Poland a few years ago. I was eating in a cafè near Krakow train station with my buddddies. There was some other guy sitting at a table on his own with a plate of chips & chicken in front of him. A hobo guy came up, sat opposite him at the table, picked up his chicken and started eating it. Yerman was disgusted and just left. So the hobo guy got a free meal.
weird.

I remember thinking at the time "Fancy, I know this seems like a good story but don't ever post it on an internet posting site because it's not a good story really"

instill them with fear!!

but yeah, Dublin has to be the most crime ridden place i've ever lived. luckily, i've never been on the wrong end of the stick of it.

give your fags to the bums, ye stingy cunts!

what are they, 25 cents each?

give your bums to the fags while you're at it, heh heh

sheesh

four days, four

here where are you going with yer prom, I went to a debs like a proper man of the turf

inter thread diversion

Well lets evolve it then....

does any1 know the 7 wonders of the world?

Ive got,

Pyramids,
Hanging gardens of Babalon
the lighthouse at alexandria......

I was asked this in the pb last nite and it wont leave me alone:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back