• Replies 61
  • Views 3K
  • Watchers 5

MrT

Website
www.myspace.com
Hi,
I make funny noises with my computer.
Now some people will think this makes me a wanker but I wanted to ask is there anywhere in dublin I could turn up and just play. I do play keyboards, just wanted to know is there somwhere I could play just me, a keyborad and a computer without getting lauged at ?

I play write funny hip/hop electronic stuff...a bit on the experimental side but not disappear up me own arse experimental.
Cheers
Ian

yo! you should have checked your email at home!!!

(one of the funniest things ever said by andy about people playing laptops on stage)

seriously, when i think about someone crouching over a laptop on stage without complimenting with something 'real', i got fucking blind and deaf, seriously. it's so lame.

hag said:
yo! you should have checked your email at home!!!

(one of the funniest things ever said by andy about people playing laptops on stage)

seriously, when i think about someone crouching over a laptop on stage without complimenting with something 'real', i got fucking blind and deaf, seriously. it's so lame.
hahaha

yawn

MrT said:
Hi,
Now some people will think this makes me a wanker but I wanted to ask is there anywhere in dublin I could turn up and just play. I do play keyboards, just wanted to know is there somwhere I could play just me, a keyborad and a computer without getting lauged at ?

I play write funny hip/hop electronic stuff...a bit on the experimental side but not disappear up me own arse experimental.
Cheers
Ian

..bodkins guys.I guess If you gave them a c.d. or summat??

• Banned
I know, I know. In a way I kind of agree but like I said I do actually play !
I'm not just going to go on and press play ! I wanted to play parts on keyboards. Really I want to get some people together but couldnt be arsed with all the crap that comes with it at the moment.

yeah, i mean those guys are just hitting play and then pretending to do other stuff... just be cool, walk across the dance floor in the middle of some dj's set, and hand them your latest tune and see if the people dance (yo, i just cut this, it's my latest tune). live, watching someone pretend to do shit on a laptop... it's really really boring.

huh? did you find what i said funny or tiresome? i can't tell... and there's always the third option that you're being sarcastic... in which case i'm totally fucked.
herv said:
hahaha

yawn

hag said:
yeah, i mean those guys are just hitting play and then pretending to do other stuff... just be cool, walk across the dance floor in the middle of some dj's set, and hand them your latest tune and see if the people dance (yo, i just cut this, it's my latest tune). live, watching someone pretend to do shit on a laptop... it's really really boring.

.really? or joke? I have no problem watching people do stuff with laptops..If they are pretending to do stuff?? the ballroom night with formika and herv was deadly..I've never seen as many people dancing like..THey people who make the music have to have some platform..

those dudes who run that night in project are lookin for peeps to play

most of them seem to be laptop sets

check ie dance for this shiz
thumped is just askin for people to say something stoopid
everyone on thumped is a dick , i am king of the phallus crowns

yeah, it's called a cd player... ;) formika gave me a cd with stuff he did around a year ago... i saw him playing live twice since that and the songs never change... the only person i've seen doing complete live reworking of electronic stuff is max tundra... that version he did of MBGATE at mor was fucking unbelieveable... but it was still composed at home in his bedroom... i just think it's kinda silly...
Latex lizzie said:
.really? or joke? I have no problem watching people do stuff with laptops..If they are pretending to do stuff?? the ballroom night with formika and herv was deadly..I've never seen as many people dancing like..THey people who make the music have to have some platform..

ie dance?? I never said dance. Anyway if someone could point us in the right direction (an e-mail adress, club url), that would be much appreciated

thegoone said:
those dudes who run that night in project are lookin for peeps to play

most of them seem to be laptop sets

check ie dance for this shiz
thumped is just askin for people to say something stoopid
everyone on thumped is a dick , i am king of the phallus crowns
are you looking to join andy?

hag said:
huh? did you find what i said funny or tiresome? i can't tell... and there's always the third option that you're being sarcastic... in which case i'm totally fucked.
nah, you're ok. i'd actually say that quite a few people (much more so these days as software becomes more flexable and "live orientated") are making a genuine effort to do something when they're up there pottering about on stage. in saying that though, i've seen a fair few people who i would have expected much more from in a "live" scenario who've just played mp3s.

chck out ableton live www.ableton.com which is specifically aimed at the "live" electronic musician.

this one time, at band camp, I accidentally left my dv camera running as I worked on my laptop... most boring 90 mins ever to watch... but the choons man... the CHOONS! all it needed was a lightshow... and maybe a drummer

hag said:
yeah, it's called a cd player... ;) formika gave me a cd with stuff he did around a year ago... i saw him playing live twice since that and the songs never change... the only person i've seen doing complete live reworking of electronic stuff is max tundra... that version he did of MBGATE at mor was fucking unbelieveable... but it was still composed at home in his bedroom... i just think it's kinda silly...

..whats all the knob twidlling and mouse work about then?? people go to see bands all the time(like geetar bands) and they never change the way they play songs? nobody gets too excited.Each to ther own and all but I guess a whole lot of people would disagree..

MrT said:
Hi,

Cheers
Ian

Undercurrent do regular Friday nights in the bar of the Project.

Live electronica, almost all laptop-based stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back