Only in Hong Kong (1 Viewer)

That's racist.

I'lll tell YOU about Hong Kong, I saw what happens there in this cool movie I rented out yesterday, A Better Tomorrow 2, amazing, everyone shoots each other and in Hong Kong you have to be shot about 50 times before you die!

Ror and I definitely did not engage in penetration in Hong Kong.
That shop is actually called Wanko.
The best place I saw was a barber shop called 'Willy Hair Design' in Tuen Mun.

Corm said:
That's racist.

I'lll tell YOU about Hong Kong, I saw what happens there in this cool movie I rented out yesterday, A Better Tomorrow 2, amazing, everyone shoots each other and in Hong Kong you have to be shot about 50 times before you die!

I fuckin love Hong Kong Gangster movies, the A Better Tomorrow films are amazing, as are Hard Boiled, and then there is one of the best films ever, The Killer. The Killer is totally amazing. Who cares if everyone needs to be shot like 50 times before they die, it's not Chow-Yun Fats fault that he happens to be a better shot than practically all the bad guys. Watch these films, then wonder what the hell happened to John Woo when he moved to Hollywood.

Yeah, we watched Hard Boiled afterwards, fuckin amazing. I think the crazy-overkill in John Woo films is what makes them so great. Also because it`s total comic-book violence, but done in a really realistic manner, like the damage done when bombs go off, people being shot in the knees (my personal favourite) and so on. Yeah, I was thinking about that Hollywood shit, what are his recent Hollywood movies? Did you see Brother, I think that was John Woo? It`s a good cross between U.S. & Hong Kong styled action movies, and it wasn`t made so long ago, maybe 5/6 years?

Corm said:
Yeah, we watched Hard Boiled afterwards, fuckin amazing. I think the crazy-overkill in John Woo films is what makes them so great. Also because it`s total comic-book violence, but done in a really realistic manner, like the damage done when bombs go off, people being shot in the knees (my personal favourite) and so on. Yeah, I was thinking about that Hollywood shit, what are his recent Hollywood movies? Did you see Brother, I think that was John Woo? It`s a good cross between U.S. & Hong Kong styled action movies, and it wasn`t made so long ago, maybe 5/6 years?

Brother is a great film, but it's Beat Takeshi, Japanese film-maker who is a legend in his own. Beat Takeshi has made loads of brilliant films, check out Hana-Bi, Violent Cop for good gangster stuff, he also played the teacher in Battle Royale. The most recent Beat Takeshi film is Zatoichi (A Japanese Samurai legend), and it is sooooo good, it's just so brilliantly directed, pure class!
That's what was so good about the John Woo Hong Kong stuff, loads of it was just really stylishly done, like the Hospital fight in Hard Boiled, it's amazing, and the Church fight in The Killer, loads of people sliding all over the place with guns, class. The Mad Dog character in Hard Boiled is a brilliant bad guy too! His Hollywood films are just ridiculous, okay so Face/Off is funny, but Mission Impossible 2 is a travesty of a film. You can see he has tried to use some of the Hong-Kong type stuff in these films, and it just doesn't work at all because Hollywood totally fucks it up and makes it way too over the top, whereas with the Hong Kong stuff there is at least the possibility that some guy somewhere might be able to do all that stuff in real life!

Lads, may I recommend the Infernal Affairs Trilogy (which is being remade by Hollywood, the cunts) and One Night In Mong Kok.
Beat Takeshi is a fucking legend. I prefer Hong Kong movies though, mostly because I can watch them without subtitles.

Fuck...watched Tstsuo II: Body Hammer last night.

???????????????????????????????????????????????????

Fuckin mental!! I was after drinking a load of pot chai aswell and was nearly tripping, fuckin nuts!

did you climb up scaffolding to take that pic?

I don't think so. They have buildings over one storey you can climb up. You can even look out the window. Some of them have scaffolding outside the window.

Hope this helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back