One For The Road: A Road Records Benefit & Celebration (1 Viewer)

me and Moods last night

morrisandprince.jpg

Chattiest fucking audience at a gig I've been to in years. Was nearly shaking with rage at one point.

twas very odd considering the whole idea of the night and stuff. Was seriously blown away by the Jimmy Cake at this. The last song was the best song of theirs I've ever heard imho. Loved the droney noisey bits in the si schroeder stuff too. Was a bit hard to hear the quiet bits though due to the talking. Good night though and was nice that it sold out too!

Chattiest fucking audience at a gig I've been to in years. Was nearly shaking with rage at one point.

yeah, it was very annoying. but i noticed people shutting up as the Si Schroeder set progressed. i was right up front and it sounded top!

Was seriously blown away by the Jimmy Cake at this.

its been AGES since i've seen the jimmy cake and they were fantastic. best i've ever seen them.

great night, well done to all involved! It was a chatty audience alright, but I think for lots of people it was a night for meeting up with people, and Andrew's Lane doesn't have a proper place for people to chat, the bar's too small...so it just ends up people chatting at the back of the venue.

Anyway was great to see it jammers and to bump into so many people :)

Was gonna go to this but ended up in 4 Dame Lane as it was sold out...sounds like it was full of Thumped pricks anyway..ha ha, and I would have been a talker I think.

I did most of my talking outside. For a non-smoker I spent a lot of time getting pushed in to the designated smoking section. It was very crowded in there, which is FANTASTIC for Road but bad for me. A great night though, it must be said. Nice to see some familiar faces and some new ones too.

I've realized last night the effects of going to so many gigs in my life without earplugs and it catching up with me. Maybe that's why is was so chatty? So many people not being able to hear a word anyone is saying so they end up shouting? Apologies if I shouted into anyone's ear.

Great night, got there a bit late so only seen from Jape on but really enjoyed it. The only thing was so idiot hit me in the face when I was passing by accident so now my lip is huge and really painful. He swung his elbow by my face when he was turning

this was fun. hadnt seen the jimmy cake in ages, they were really great. think you had to be fairly near the front to get completely into the music, at least the quieter stuff anyway. i guess its just that kinda venue that if you're at the back you're too removed from anything that might be going on on stage. especially if you're short !ninjaaaa i think if there was another one of these gigs it would get loadsa support again, the good will people have is really lovely to see

yeah missed large corpo and jape. arrived late and hungover. still had a deadly night. Si Shroeder could've done with more volume but i think yeah it was more a social occasion than most nights.
Found Brian Conniffe chatting to the friend of that gurl i fancy...... thanks alot Brian....subtle!! hope there'll be more Road Beneficiary nights like this again. everyone was in mega form.
well done to the organisers and to all involved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back