One For The Road: A Road Records Benefit & Celebration (1 Viewer)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

"five old bastards.... and mark."

attn vinnie,
awesome job on putting the gig together, nice to meet you too. favour: if you could ask your lovely band mate who plays the clarinet where she got her dress from i'd love to know (as would half the females in the audience, i reckon) :)

This was one night where the level of talking didn't bother me. It was more of a social occasion, the entertainment was secondary.

Agreed 100%. You know, there was a bunch of people there to support Road and have a fun time, not necessarily to listen to the bands on show. In this light, having an overload of quiet, morose acts perhaps wasn't great - maybe the organisers had expected a partytime rather than acoustic Jape set?
Still, a really, really enjoyable night and I particularly enjoyed the blistering Large Corpo set and the post-gig dancing.

Thanks so much again to everyone who came out and helped make the show a sell-out and then some. It was a really terrific night with a wonderfully friendly atmosphere.

attn vinnie,
awesome job on putting the gig together, nice to meet you too. favour: if you could ask your lovely band mate who plays the clarinet where she got her dress from i'd love to know (as would half the females in the audience, i reckon) :)

Thanks very much Lala (it was very nice to meet you too). And Im sure Minka will be along here soon enough to let you know where she got her awesome dress

Fecky the Ninth was a seriously sweet touch. Well done for that.

I agree with everyone else. This was an incredible occasion. Wall to wall goodwill.

I loved the Jape set. Its not often we get to hear the quieter stuff (or the noisier stuff done quietly). And it was great to hear 'To the Sea' again.

Well done to Vinnie and the lads on this. I'm seriously glad you got the response that you did, and mostly definitely deserved.

nice one!

Save your local deli!

not my local Deli,they can go Fuck Themselves...

ordered a Tuna & cheese roll in Spa's a few weeks back

nothin fancy was requested,just your basic fish,cheddar,mayo......in & out,done & dusted...

happy days says I as we skip merrily home for a tasty Lunch

what do I find when I open this culinary abortion

KETCHUP.

think about that folks...

a tuna & cheese roll....

with KETCHUP

cue tears of RAGE! VENOM raced through me

KETCHUP! WHO THE FUCK PUTS KETCHUP ON COLD FISH!! :confused:

oh yes they brewed up a nice pot of HATE that day

...I'm planning my revenge as I post...

Thanks very much Lala (it was very nice to meet you too). And Im sure Minka will be along here soon enough to let you know where she got her awesome dress

Ah, the amazing dress. She got it in All Saints in London, which is surprising because I didn't know they sold anything that was deadly. But apparently they do. And there's one in Dublin (in the Powerscourt Centre) and it was recent enough that they might have one.

Ta daaaaa!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back