one cool song (3 Viewers)

taubstumm

Supporter
Website
kvt.red
post one cool song that you're listening to or have in your head and tell everybody about it.

currently listening to 'spiders (kidsmoke)' by wilco (off a ghost is born). it's like nothing else they've done, as far as i know. it's a ten-minute krautrock-influenced thing with about nine different gonk-rock staccato guitar wig-outs. sounds a bit like 'marquee moon' being played by kraftwerk, for want of a better description. i've listened to it about three or four times today already.

(hey aoife, play this tonight along with a load of your grindcore demos. see how long you last, it'll be fun.)

Mna na hEireann, performed by the Chieftains, written by Sean O'Riada. This was used in the soundtrack to Barry Lyndon and it is the very first piece of music I ever remember hearing.

Electric Light Orchestra - Livin' Thing. Now you might thing ELO are lameos and that song is a lameo song. But I bought their greatest hits for six bucks yesterday just because I fancied listening to that song. And let me tell you, all their other songs are total shit. I do like Livin' Thing though.

Hey Z, givvus that song will you? I realllllly like it.

Right: songs in your head. We should play 'invisible choir' where on the count of three, everyone starts singing the song in their head out loud all at once. Cacophonous beauty. Ok. 1.......2.........3

'The Group Who Couldn't Sing' from the latest Grandaddy album. I've been addicted to this song for about six months now, have to listen to it a few times a week. It's just perfect.

Can't get The Knife's You Take My Breath Away out of my head at all this week. Incessantly listening to Deep Cuts isn't really gonna remedy the issue either. You take my breath away is synth-dancetastic and the two birds singing have really nice voices. Apparently they wanna get laid to that Top Gun song.

aoifed said:
Hey Z, givvus that song will you? I realllllly like it.

Consider it done. I might scrabble a comp together after work that I can give you guys later.

Another song I listened to more than a couple of times yesterday was Brahminy Kite off the new Caribou album. While I found the album disappointing overall, this song is so unashamedly Silver Apples that you have to love it. So, in conclusion, listen to Silver Apples.

Not even a whole song, but just the horn sample bit from Bucky Done Gun by M.I.A. has been in my head all week.

the techno song from the vodaphone ad with the all the wigs, can anyone tell me who it's by?

whigfield

That album. It has about 4 good songs and that is it. 17 songs = snoregasm.

Mommy and Daddy kick the hoe-ell off the Kinfe.

sleur said:
Can't get The Knife's You Take My Breath Away out of my head at all this week. Incessantly listening to Deep Cuts isn't really gonna remedy the issue either. You take my breath away is synth-dancetastic and the two birds singing have really nice voices. Apparently they wanna get laid to that Top Gun song.

Dillinger Four - doublewhiskeycokenoice

Sometimes it's simple things that make it hard
Spoiled baby T's with credit cards
Overtime always on my mind
Could have been's eat away in side now
Praise God and pass the bottle of Beam
Because tonight I can't seem to say what I mean
Don't know if I would even if I could, Amen

Last night I listened to 'The Young Gods Play Kurt Weill' whilst doing the washing up. Today my dishes are clean and my brain is singing 'September Song'.

its not jsut one song, but an entire album thats been in my head, and i know thats not what was asked but i'm going to say it anyway. Kate Rusby-ten. She's an English folk singer who sings Irish, English, Welsh and Scottish folks songs. She's got the most amazing voice. Easily my favorite album this year. For those interested in trad, or who wish to get interested i would highly recommend her. And i knows a bit about me trad.

'bronze' by the most secret method. DC three piece, their bass player played a double bass and was a trained opera singer but that doesn't really come across, it's just this song that's been givin me shivers for three years now.

Buckrake said:
Last night I listened to 'The Young Gods Play Kurt Weill' whilst doing the washing up. Today my dishes are clean and my brain is singing 'September Song'.
boredoms' "super ae" is a fantastic washing up album.

spent most of today listening to language learning tapes. so I have nothing to contribute here today!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back