one cool song (2 Viewers)

That album. It has about 4 good songs and that is it. 17 songs = snoregasm.

Mommy and Daddy kick the hoe-ell off the Kinfe.

I dunno, I'm quite liking most of it.Their videos are amazing. mommy and daddy they ain't but great eurotrash.

oh shit said:
'bronze' by the most secret method. DC three piece, their bass player played a double bass and was a trained opera singer but that doesn't really come across, it's just this song that's been givin me shivers for three years now.

southern have such deadly bands, i'm gonna check this out.

plug said:
boredoms' "super ae" is a fantastic washing up album.

spent most of today listening to language learning tapes. so I have nothing to contribute here today!!!

computer world by the 'werk is great for hauswerk

I was a bit disappointed by how crap I find most of it, because on paper I should love them. There are some good songs but not enough to justify the length of the record. I didn't watch any of the videos, the cd is now discarded at the bottom of a big pile of current listening musics on top of the stereo and is unlikely to be resurrected I think. What's the other one like?

In anyways, current songs stuck in head include John Foxx Metal Beat.

sleur said:
I dunno, I'm quite liking most of it.Their videos are amazing. mommy and daddy they ain't but great eurotrash.

kirstie said:
What's the other one like?

The videos on the DVD are really great. 2 versions of take my breath away: one with cgi skeletons & the other in true 80's style. skateboarding kids on heartbearts with a deadly transition pixelated tv-screen freeze thingy-me-bob between the different segments. and not forgetting the tranvestite in the pass this one video. truly bizarre.

Unclealo said:
Mna na hEireann, performed by the Chieftains, written by Sean O'Riada. This was used in the soundtrack to Barry Lyndon and it is the very first piece of music I ever remember hearing.

bogger*ahem*

anyway I've had the dolly partons "the candy store" on. I'm a new convert to her stuff what in the name of buggery is going on in my life. She is fantastic though. Not the nine 2 five era..the earlier stuff like.

dock me. I deserve it.

Latex lizzie said:
bogger*ahem*

anyway I've had the dolly partons "the candy store" on. I'm a new convert to her stuff what in the name of buggery is going on in my life. She is fantastic though. Not the nine 2 five era..the earlier stuff like.

dock me. I deserve it.

Dolly is the greatest. I would give you rep except that I wasted it all on other jerks that weren't even talking about Dolly Parton. Should you be anywhere near a Virgin Records soon, they have a good few Dolly CDs goin cheap for whatever reason. .|..|

she is deadly, and very easy listenin. I also have a soft spot for Kenny Rogers with his 400 hundred children and a crop in the fields.

Zita said:
Should you be anywhere near a Virgin Records soon, they have a good few Dolly CDs goin cheap for whatever reason. .|..|
i heard its cos her CDs keep falling out of the racks what with her own rack being so stacked and that*

*actually my own theory based entirely on my own cliched mental image of the dolly

cozy said:
its not jsut one song, but an entire album thats been in my head, and i know thats not what was asked but i'm going to say it anyway. Kate Rusby-ten. She's an English folk singer who sings Irish, English, Welsh and Scottish folks songs. She's got the most amazing voice. Easily my favorite album this year. For those interested in trad, or who wish to get interested i would highly recommend her. And i knows a bit about me trad.

Yeah, shes cool
Her version of Iris Dement's "Our Town" is completely lovely.

I'm pretty fond of Kathryn Williams myself.
Not really trad but still, folky, which is close enough

Dutchy said:
smile around the face - four tet - listened to this at least 4 times today it makes me happy and impatient to get out of work and go party

it very lazily lifts a loop from can's "halleluwah":(

"everything ecstatic" aint much cop.

zat album is amazing.

Stan Bowles said:
Not even a whole song, but just the horn sample bit from Bucky Done Gun by M.I.A. has been in my head all week.

ruth ' polaroid-roman-photo'

this song just etched its way into my head. french electro-pop from eighty five or thereabouts. haunting and catchy as the plague.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back