one cool song (3 Viewers)

'Peg' by Steely Dan
Besides the fact that I think it's one of the greatest songs ever set down..
... you'd have to see my nine month-old daughter's reaction to it. *choke*
She laughs and gives me big hugs
(maybe she's laughing at me and giving me sympathy hugs)
Michael McDonalds backing vocals hit critical mass on the chorus - it's one of those moments.
lord-a-mercy!!!

(now thinking of 'Down from dover' by Dolly Parton. You'd have to be made of stone...)

"Complicated" by Avril Lavigne

It's been stuck in my head for about three months. It just comes into my head when my manager starts speaking to me.

tom. said:
post one cool song that you're listening to or have in your head and tell everybody about it.

currently listening to 'spiders (kidsmoke)' by wilco (off a ghost is born). it's like nothing else they've done, as far as i know. it's a ten-minute krautrock-influenced thing with about nine different gonk-rock staccato guitar wig-outs. sounds a bit like 'marquee moon' being played by kraftwerk, for want of a better description. i've listened to it about three or four times today already.

(hey aoife, play this tonight along with a load of your grindcore demos. see how long you last, it'll be fun.)

i love this song,there's just something about it alright

Another song I just cannot get out of my head is "dramamine" by Modest Mouse, what an intro, i'm a big fan of this band, anyone else in agreement?

edit: its on "this is a long drive for somone with nothing to think about", check it out if you haven't heard it, its a belter!!!!!

The harmonics off my fridge are also relaxing and inspring, and it keeps my food cool. The tumbledrier, however, rocks seven bells.

'John Wayne Gacy Jnr' from the new Sufjan Stevens album. What a sad and beautiful song about a serial killer. I've also just made the tragic mistake of listening to 'Starfish and Coffee' by Prince. That song's gonna be stuck in my head for weeks. Also, Plug I'm hearing you on the language learning tapes. I have french oozing out my ears all week. What language you learning?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back