Older Dublin Venues (1 Viewer)

The Isaac Butt or whatever it's now called seemed to be closed down last time I was in Dublin, saw a fair bit of live stuff in there around 10 years ago..

If it was his one I'm jealous. i'd be reasonably confident it wasn't though)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I mostly started this thread cause someone asked me recently "Where did punk gigs in Dublin used to happen years ago?" and I was like "eh, The Temple, The Old Chinaman, maybe the odd one in McGonagles, ehhhhh"

On a back in the days punk related matter, go check out Wally Cassidy's exhibition in the Little Museum of Dublin. Deadly stuff. Had seen some of the pics before but seeing them blown up A2 etc. is really striking.

What was that pub up on Hill St across from the flats where the punk bands played upstairs and all types of ne'er-do-wells used to drink downstairs?
That was straight out of Roddy Doyle

What was that pub up on Hill St across from the flats where the punk bands played upstairs and all types of ne'er-do-wells used to drink downstairs?

Can't remember what it was called (the Temple Inn?) but turned up there one evening to play a gig. Went into the bar downstairs (where some characters were throwing darts at each other for fun) to be told by the barman that we were supposed to have been there the night before.

"Deco's upstairs waiting for yiz. He's going to fuckin kill yiz".

We legged it.

The Shelter on Thomas street used to have loadsa gigs on.

Yeah Yeah Yeahs played their first Irish gig there

Can't remember what it was called (the Temple Inn?) but turned up there one evening to play a gig. Went into the bar downstairs (where some characters were throwing darts at each other for fun) to be told by the barman that we were supposed to have been there the night before.

"Deco's upstairs waiting for yiz. He's going to fuckin kill yiz".

We legged it.
Do you mean The Temple on Temple street. I'm pretty sure I went to either a gig or a club night there which was class. But getting home was the worst thing I've ever had to endure. Got totally lost ended up god knows where. It was like a Roddy Doyle version of After Hours.

Do you mean The Temple on Temple street. I'm pretty sure I went to either a gig or a club night there which was class. But getting home was the worst thing I've ever had to endure. Got totally lost ended up god knows where. It was like a Roddy Doyle version of After Hours.

Nah it was nearby but much smaller ... Upstairs of a dodgy pub.

Can't remember the name of it, damn. I photographed a striknien dc rehearsal up there once.

Also, McGraths on O'Connell street had a lot of gigs, via its club nights, Dazed and Fusion then later Button Moon (large mound's first 'proper' gig). Saw lots of bands there, my one and only attempt at doing live sound was in there, I hang my head in shame at that one.
This could be an image based thread full of posters, now that would be interesting!

The Roxy on Hill Street?

HELLVISION '93 YHE ROXY HILL STREET

Slattery's?

Cheap Scrumpy Jack on tap. I attended so many gigs there but have zero recollection of them

Fuck you Scrumpy Jack. Fuck you

I do remember someone letting off a can of mace or something at a Nomeansno gig though

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back