Older Dublin Venues (1 Viewer)

Anyone mention Fusion?

I was in most of those places. I had a brief interest in the dublin punk scene in the late 90's. Saw a good few bands. Most were rubbish.

l.jpg

What about the priest who used to dress up like Ozzy and sing metal with his band in barnstormers? Was Father Fran his name?

The Metal Priest Who Rocks His Flock--as the Sunday World had it

I went to see Scatha upstairs in the Fusion (or the Funnel?) on Townshend Street and most of the crowd drifted off to what these guys downstairs. He was standing on tables doing the full stadium Ozzy.

Last edited:
I went to see Scatha upstairs in the Fusion (or the Funnel?) on Townshend Street and most of the crowd drifted off to what these guys downstairs. He was standing on tables doing the full stadium Ozzy.

Fusion. Pretty sure was at that.

I saw No Sweat there.

Special times.

Was just about to boast about seeing MBV, Dino Jr, Fugazi etc in McGonagles but you've really trumped me with that one.

It should be pointed out by the way that most of these places were in fact pretty shit.

Was just about to boast about seeing MBV, Dino Jr, Fugazi etc in McGonagles but you've really trumped me with that one.

It should be pointed out by the way that most of these places were in fact pretty shit.

They were supporting someone, can't even remember who, as a surprise act. They ran out on stage like they were in Wembley Stadium.
It's the kind of experience that stays with you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back