Old Gigs (1 Viewer)

Um...what bit of Tortoizzzzze wasn't clear? I'm not a fan at all. This years line up has far too little rawk for my tastes but the fun involved outweighs a line up of bands I have no interest in.

i thought sonic youth were amazing at atp..they were a tad obscure and played some new stuff but they still rocked the house.

"Tortoizzze"?
Oh yeh..

Hyuk yuk yuk.
I was focusing on
"And the Ex and Us Maple and Television and Tortoise and then a whole heap of pretentious shit are playing at it".

Apologies (if required).

I'd love to see Sonic Youth being "shit" for 40 minutes. I love it when people not doing what you want them to do is "shit". It's so fascist cool!

moolie (20-02-2001 11:06 a.m.):
i thought sonic youth were amazing at atp..they were a tad obscure and played some new stuff but they still rocked the house.

fair enough, i wasn't there... but a great sonic youth gig would be heaven to me... but i heard they went out and farted about with distortion for ages, all songs linking, with moore 'singing' in a gutteral howl about his chalet and what he had for breakfast..

keeror (20-02-2001 11:06 a.m.):I'd love to see Sonic Youth being "shit" for 40 minutes. I love it when people not doing what you want them to do is "shit". It's so fascist cool!

if i saved and went all the way over to watch SY and they farted about instead of playing... i'd find it hard to go: great stuff! i'd probably go 'yes interesting, but i feel quite empty inside.......'
n stuff..
but if i heard some other band that i wasn't dieing to hear did it i'd probably think it was great though... keep fucking up the system and all that

Element Of Surprise Leaves Man In Scrambling For Radio Shocker

Farted about instead of playing?
What the hell are you talking about?

But it could be great if someone else did it?
Excuse me?

And as for "fucking up the system": shutup.

ha! get out of bed the wrong side johnny s?

hmmmnnn...

again, my opinion is obviously not yours, but, as i said, i would have wanted a good show for the money i would have paid...

our band join songs together, and we've been known to have a bit of a jam on stage ourselves, but we try to entertain and excite... one of the main accusations levelled at sy was they seemed to be playing for themselves only...

but mookie enjoyed it, so maybe it worked well!

oh and we were talking about pretentious? remember Bono saying 'keep fucking up the system' ? pretentious no?

check out that same mullet AND worse here

It wasn't a mullet, it was a Floppygothcut. I should know, I had one for most of 1988.

Back to the subject of old gigs, though...

The bit of my brain that remembers years seems to have died, but:

My Bloody Valentine, McGonagles 1990 (ish) and SFX '91 -ish - the 2 loudest gigs I've ever been at...

Fugazi, McGonagles '91

Alice Donut, Barnstormers 19???

Grotus, Barnstormers 19????

Showin' me age big time.

Lollo Rosso (27-02-2001 02:59 p.m.):
check out that same mullet AND worse here

It wasn't a mullet, it was a Floppygothcut. I should know, I had one for most of 1988.

HA HA HA!!!

and I can larf cause I had a nice sensible Jesus Jones/Fruitbat type cut for part of the nineties (remeber the nineties), much, eh, 'better'. ahem.

Alice Donut was 92 - the end of August. I know this cos I was at Reading and missed it.

although i doubt if anyone cares anymore, i have the grotus gig on video and the alice donut gig on tape (somewhere)...

Alice Donut at BarnStormers was 1992 and Grotus (with Victim's Family & Flexihead) was 1994. Alice Donut was one of my favourite gigs ever and i thought Victim's family were amazing until I bought one of their records.

Doh!! Sorry Kirstie, hadn't read your reply. Forgot there was a second page. Although repeating what everybody else posts and claiming it as my own might not be a bad idea. I'd do it so blatantly that people would never suspect. And if they did I'd probably kill them and eat their bodies. Just like Bobo the Clown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back