Old Gigs (1 Viewer)

Keeror

Since 2000
Who wants to be in my gang?

Ned's Atomic Dustbin in McGonagles.
Some of the best hours of my life........

Mega City 4 in Charlie's, in the afternoon, the day after they'd played their "proper" gig. Specially for all the little ones who weren't let in for the evening show. Like me.

And all those other Saturday afternoons in Charlie's, courtesy of Hope.

Oh oh, and the anti-gulf war gig at "Plaza de la Revolucion" (ie in front of the Central Bank), featuring Mexican Pets and plastic cups of flat beer from the Foggy Dew. Therapy were supposed to play but one of them got stung by a bee and couldn't make it.

Remember that?

I was at that Neds one. There were 2 nights, weren't they? And that Fugazi one that reportedly made Hope 16 quid due to the bleedin enormous size of the ticket - gatefolds r us. My finest claim to fame gigs wise in Dublin was that I was at the Pixies in the Stadium at the tender age of 15, and the one that always manages to sicken Dudley is that I saw Drive Like Jehu at Phoenix in 94. Mwwha ha ha ha

Keeror (14-02-2001 01:57 p.m.):
Who wants to be in my gang?

Ned's Atomic Dustbin in McGonagles.
Some of the best hours of my life........

that were good - apart from their half a brain fan club people who travelled to all their gigs and who'd make human pyramids in the middle of the crowd. gits.

Mega City 4 in Charlie's, in the afternoon, the day after they'd played their "proper" gig. Specially for all the little ones who weren't let in for the evening show. Like me.

n/a

And all those other Saturday afternoons in Charlie's, courtesy of Hope.

quicksand!
green day!
nofx!
gorilla biscuits!
go!
negu gorriak!
anrfehn!
i think!

oh and on that note - does anyone out there have anything recorded by The Grown Ups? live, preferably....and i'm still looking for a copy of the killercrust demo.

Oh oh, and the anti-gulf war gig at "Plaza de la Revolucion" (ie in front of the Central Bank), featuring Mexican Pets and plastic cups of flat beer from the Foggy Dew. Therapy were supposed to play but one of them got stung by a bee and couldn't make it.

i've often wondered how they got permission for that.... or if not, how nobody got arrested.

Remember that?

yeah but things are much better now, cos everything's in colour...

on a different note...

Ripcord in McGonagles! My first hardcore gig!

Megadeth in the Olympic! my first thrash metal gig! When someone jumped off the balcony! and died!

Ozzy in McGonagles! Two nights in a row!

And Acid Reign in McGonagles on any one of a number of occasions! And their very nice Principal Security front of stage bouncers who'd help you stagedive! Or Sabbat for that matter!

Or even Gang Green! Or Suicidal Tendencies! Or DRI!

Or the Crumbsuckers in the Top Hat! Except it wasn't them, it was only 2 of them and a few mates! Or something!

And Nuclear Assault in the Top hat! And getting bored by Slayer! And having a water fight down the back towards the end of their set!

Or Snuff and the Joyce McKinney Experience in London one august bank holiday weekend, when it had been 31 degrees that day and it was rather hot in the venue!

And how could we forget Donnington the year I didn't get crushed to death!

them were the days

I'll be in your gang Keeror but that means I'm the leader and I'm afraid that my first executive decision is that you're out. Sorry, this really is the hardest part of managment. If i can be of any assistance in finding you a new gang please let me know.

Anyone remember Sink at Charlies? The lead singer had the worst haircut I have ever seen in my entire life.

Pete: I still see the drummer from the Grown Ups from time to time and could ask him for a copy of the demo if you like...

surely 'Jon' from the Neds takes the worst haircut prize (modelled on Phil Oakey I assume)? Or failing that, the drummer from the 90 Day Men - a travesty to follicles, that was.

acid reign was the first gig i ever went to...
the crowd spent most of the time on the stage rather than out on the floor.......
claim to fame gig was sonic youth and nirvana years ago in cork....
best gigs ever though were nomeansno....
anytime and anywhere....

kirstie (14-02-2001 03:20 p.m.):
surely 'Jon' from the Neds takes the worst haircut prize (modelled on Phil Oakey I assume)? Or failing that, the drummer from the 90 Day Men - a travesty to follicles, that was.

check out that same mullet AND worse here

http://www.nedsatomicdustbin.com/

oh and he likes to be called JONN, how rock n' roll.

if i'm right the singer from killer crust was jayo o'reilly... or am i thinking of a different band? ... anyway i can ask him if he has any recordings .. which, if he wasn't in the band he probably won't .....probably.

The EX at the Fox and Pheasant (early '92 I think, does anyone recall exactly when ?) remains to this date the best gig I think I've ever seen. I was sitting up at the very front in this tiny pub smoking a cigarette being totally fucking blown away..they were doing "Slimy Toad" at the the time and the guitarist had 4 strings left..he just grabbed up the ashtray I was using at the time and starts playing this really spiky slide guitar using it as a bottleneck...OH the days of yore and dole.......

I thought that ex gig wash shit. I have photo's from it at home, but i'm not 100% certain if they're of the ex or the dog faced hermans.....

yo, pete
wash shit?
and polish the coal while you're at it.
don't know about jason working in no damn newsagent
will check it up tho'
the ex: hoorayy!! angry dutch nut-jobs with a penchant for some pretty tasty abstract noise.
dog faced hermans: embodying the punky side of pram and they even had a trumpet, yayyy!!!

the Ex are playing ATP
I await with bated breath

Also, I realise that I will get pissed on from a great height for this, but Evan Dando was amazing last night.

Amazing musically, I might point out, before Pete chimes in with his obligatory 'witty' response

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back