Okkervil River (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter buck
  • Start date
  • Replies 18
  • Views 2K
  • Watchers 3

buck

I got an email from amazon about Okkervil river and then the next week i was in Virgin in Cork and couldn't find any albums i wanted and then saw an album by them called Down the river of golden dreams and i bought it. it was definitley a risk worth taking as the album is getting better with every listen. I know its amazons shrewd marketing schemes but this time it introduced me to a band that at the moment anyhow that i really like. i just got their current release Black sheep boy but haven't got round to listening to it much yet.....

any fans of them out there or anything?.........

Rave and rant....

I think I may be becoming a fan of these.That song they play on phantom is deadly.

Love love love 'Black Sheep Boy', it's awesome and my favourite of all their stuff. The only album I don't have is the last one 'The Stand Ins', but I just remembered I got the EP from it through work, so I better go give that a listen!
Definitely get Black Sheep Boy if you haven't already gazzer - it's soooo good.

Just realised the top post is 2 years old, whoops.

Giving Black Sheep boy a spin now.
I'm liking it.

Its not as boppy as I was hoping for.Has its moments.

Get the special edition of Black Sheep Boy - Another Radio Song is on it. Incredible song. Amazing band. Lovely lads.

Bump. Gugai, fix this sentence for me.

"Unicron should/should not buy tickets in advance for their gig in Galway on Monday because he's driving from Kildare and if he doesn't he will/won't be left outside in the possible rain like a jerk. He can buy tickets from ????????"

Also could you answer the same question for me?

I'll be hopping on the 5 o'clock gobus to get there in time for it and don't have a credit card to book them online.

Gugaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii????

This gig was brilliant!!!! Definately worth travelling down and staying on the most hot & stuffy hotel room ever! :)

Really enjoyed the gig. Shame that Will's voice gave out near the end, I think they'd have been up for doing some more tunes otherwise. Fair play to Gugai for putting it on, and fair play to him for trying to get them to play "Another Radio Song", love that tune.

Lauren is one for the "I have the horn for" thread.

Really enjoyed the gig. Shame that Will's voice gave out near the end, I think they'd have been up for doing some more tunes otherwise. Fair play to Gugai for putting it on, and fair play to him for trying to get them to play "Another Radio Song", love that tune.

Lauren is one for the "I have the horn for" thread.

They were going to play it as well!!! His voice gave out and they couldn't manage it but during dinner they were trying to remember how to play it!! They also had to cut Black, next time. It was great when he played A Stone, and there wasn't a whisper in the room. Very proud, so I was. They'll be back......Off to see them again at End Of The Road - third time this week :)

They were going to play it as well!!! His voice gave out and they couldn't manage it but during dinner they were trying to remember how to play it!! They also had to cut Black, next time. It was great when he played A Stone, and there wasn't a whisper in the room. Very proud, so I was. They'll be back......Off to see them again at End Of The Road - third time this week :)

Yeah it was a pretty special gig! Know a girl heading to that festival too who travelled to Galway too :) Pity they had to cut some songs but what they did play was great so no complaints there. Hopefully you'll get them back soon.

Quite possibly, my favourite part of the whole night however, was near closing time when I walked into the downstairs venue right at the start of Birdhouse In Your Soul and people were jumping around like lunatics :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back