Okay, Pitchfork is annoying but... (2 Viewers)

Perhaps inevitably, an ability to easily find free music combined with user-friendly web technology has resulted in an increased ability to praise every fucking mp3 under the sun. Keeping up with every song and artist praised somewhere by someone feels less like a labor of love and more like a crushing obligation.

Poor review (the guy is as bad at what he does as the band is) but I found myself agreeing with this part.

The blogosphere can go eat itself.

i absolutely agree with that part... it's a pet hate

i absolutely agree with that part... it's a pet hate

Ah, everything gets praised too much. It is rare not to pick up a book these days that is not "An astounding work of true genius" or whatever, I dont think it is limited to the Internet/music at all.

I heard the new Bell X1 Talking Heads song on the way to work. I think it has the worst lyrics I've ever heard:

"You're the chocolate in the bottom of my Cornetto"

"I love the way your under-wired bra always sets off the x-ray machine"

I'm sure they're a great bunch of lads and stuff, but those are some, em, regrettable sung words.

Dear BellX1

Re your question

"If there is a god, why is my ass the perfect height for kicking?"

The reason your (or anybody's) arse is the perfect height for kicking is this - it's on top of your legs

If you have any more questions like this feel free to address them to me directly by PM rather than through the more circuitous route of songs played on commercial radio

Kind regards,
egg_

I wanna be near you
And blink in your light
And toast marshmallows
On a cold dark night
By your flame

Your flesh it melts in my mouth
Like Holy Communion
But you don't really care for
Jesus now do you?
A photograph of this love
Hangs on my wall
I would dare to speak its name
If I knew what it was called

aite, check it:

wanking sock

o wanking sock,
how oft you hold my 12" cock,
thrice daily you receive my spunk,
into you cryptic depths my seed is sunk.
and at the weekend,
when you're all dirty,
you're in the washing machine
with my shirty.

I still saw it. I have plenty of opinions.

I just mean that I think it's music for people that listen to Ray Darcy or give a shit about soaps.

Reading Pitchfork have a go is like Tom Doorley telling me that the meat in batter burgers is from frozen chuck and likely it is not even locally sourced.
It's missing the point somewhat.

On Bell XI's terms, if the song gets radio play it has good lyrics by dint of that very airplay.

I meant no offence to anyone on here's songs or lyrics.

I still saw it. I have plenty of opinions.

I just mean that I think it's music for people that listen to Ray Darcy or give a shit about soaps.

Reading Pitchfork have a go is like Tom Doorley telling me that the meat in batter burgers is from frozen chuck and likely it is not even locally sourced.
It's missing the point somewhat.

On Bell XI's terms, if the song gets radio play it has good lyrics by dint of that very airplay.

I meant no offence to anyone on here's songs or lyrics.

Yeah, I should have chosen a different thread to put my post about their new song on. Although I started the thread in the first place. Hands up to that.

I wanna be near you
And blink in your light
And toast marshmallows
On a cold dark night
By your flame
Your flesh it melts in my mouth
Like Holy Communion
But you don't really care for
Jesus now do you?
A photograph of this love
Hangs on my wall

Trule appalling. Extra marks deducted for copying leonard Cohen's 'you don't really car for music/jesus do you' and for the juvenile 'love that dare not speak its name' Oscar Wilde reference - he probably thinks those references will be dissected by undergraduates for decades to come.

They got the music for this song by pushing the Talking Heads button on their instruments.

Trule appalling. Extra marks deducted for copying leonard Cohen's 'you don't really car for music/jesus do you' and for the juvenile 'love that dare not speak its name' Oscar Wilde reference - he probably thinks those references will be dissected by undergraduates for decades to come.

They got the music for this song by pushing the Talking Heads button on their instruments.

They probably will be:

[I tried to find a photo of drunken students in GAA jerseys to put here, but I failed]

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back