Oh Vienna! (1 Viewer)

Beanstalk

Website
www.myspace.com
Heading to Vienna for 3 days at the end of November...can anyone recommend a nice hotel and some nice things to get up to in the city?

Flying into Bratislava and getting bus to Vienna...so was thinking of spending a night in Bratislava before flight home...what do ya reckon? Is it worth spending a night there? Judging by other threads here on Thumped its not up to much.

last time i was there was 5 years ago.

BUT - natural history museum is a must, purely for the interior and architecture.
aso check out the food fair at the rathausplatz. they sometimes have an open air opera there too.

it's a great city to go wandering/get lost in.

if you're into him, visit Freud's old house. nothing amazing - mostly reconstructed, but.

also the big ferris wheel. if you're bringing a lady friend do it. it's sehr romantic.

;)

(*cant help on the hotel front as i was slumming it in a hostel)

OH and in bratislava get yourself a hot chocolate. best in the world :)

I stayed in a place there called Hotel Stadhalle, or Pension Stadhalle, actually, same crowd, slightly different address. The pension room was cheap, clean, all you could need if on a budget, but no en suite. Free internet access in the Hotel building. It's located about 3 minutes' walk from Westbahnhof, which is conveniently located at the top of Mariannehilferstrasse, the Grafton St. of Vienna. You could be arriving there if entering from Bratislava by train, maybe also by bus. It leads down towards the Museum Quartier and Ringstrasse. Also, you can turn left off it and explore Spittelmarkt - I think that's it, Spittelsomething. Decent restaurants, galleries, shops etc. Also across from Westbahnhof is some faded glamour café that seems popular with locals.

25677235_7f2a1d68ea.jpg

In terms of eats, there's a pretty good Italian place down Mariannehilblah on the right, and a few good places in Spittelwhatever. They're also into their imbiss eating, so get yourself a bottle of Ottakringer or Wieselberger (amazing beers) and a sausage with mustart. Lekker or.

Oh, and actually at the junction at the top of Mariannehilferstrasse is some other hotel where famous people stay which is meant to be very reasonable.

Enjoy yourself, Vienna's cool.

Oh, Bratislava. Interesting place, but very quiet. I don't know how much the bus is, but the train, return, was €8.00 or something. It's an enjoyable train ride. If I ever went back, I'd explore the other side of the city - the panelaki tower blocks.

I stayed at The Happy Hostel. Grand it was. No frills but cheap. Staff were bang on.
http://www.hostels.com/en/availability.php/HostelNumber.5226

Its right beside Westbahnhof U bahn station at the top of Mariannehilferstrasse.

Yeah just wander about the palce on the U Bahn. Go to the Naschmart. Amazing food market with some nice eateries. Lots of Asian food places. Kettenbruckengasse is the station ya wanna be getting off at.

Go to Schonbrunn Palace. Well worth it........especially if it snows. Thats on the U bahn as well.

And if ya fancy going out for a groove ya might get something decent on in Flex. Dirty underground club near the river. Music can be a bit hit und miss but its a deadly club. Schottenring is the stop for that. haha shot in ring

Pratern Park as well..........dont know if the funfair will be open in November buh. Good craic. Spooky place i reckons. Really old n weird rides/ghost trains etc.......Papa Lazarou buzz.

Yeah man Vienna is deadly.

Heard Bratislava is dodge.

i was in blue corridor hostel
not great but good
the proprietor looked like yoko ono and was stone mad
her fella didnt kick us out when he burst into the room to find
one of my mates pissing in the middle of the floor
good times were rollin on that holiday

great record shops
if you like electro techno electronic check "bounce" , "cheap" and I can remember the other names but there are a good few great ones
cheap is right beside the museums

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back