dudley

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Contributor
Since 1999
Website
www.thedudleycorporation.com
"What do I think about The Lonely World of The Dudley Corporation by The Dudley Corporation? I don't think you are going to like this...

Track 4, Stutter could be mistaken for my dentist's favourite drill bits being plunged into the living tooth-pulp over and over again while he hums bad bluegrass novelty hits gently to himself if you don't listen very carefully, and, believe me, you don't want to. To be honest, it's been a long time since I've heard an album quite this bad. I do this for a living, and you won't believe the shit you get sent as the 'Next Big Thing'. Take track 5, Stupid for example - if I'd wanted a recording of The Dudley Corporation's own internal organs attempting to end it all towards the end of the track I'd have asked for it. Take it away and put it out of its misery. Please. It's things like She Falls that makes people want to kill each other.

Like a christmas novelty sing-along hit in Estonia, track 7, A Song Against The City should not be played to the vulnerable. Or those with ears. The sound of Monica Seles' serve grunts looped repeatedly over three partridges attempting to play the drums that track eight, The Small Hours so accurately reproduces is relieved only by the fact there are no pictures to go with it. Sticking my fingers in my ears made track nine, Quick sound a whole lot better, but not as much as putting an axe through my CD player.

In fact, a fruits of the forest yoghurt has more cultural significance."

"Joan of Arse? Oh my God. I thought Joan of Arse's fans died out years ago. I remember Distant Hearts, A Little Closer as being particularly awful...

Things Asleep In The Sun should have been left off this album. It's marginally better than the rest and, frankly, only draws attention to their simplistic banality. The sound of the little pop and splash that comes before the scream after accidentally lodging a knitting needle in your eye that track 5, The Bellringer's Warning & Other Stories so accurately reproduces is relieved only by the fact there are no pictures to go with it. Watching Films With The Sound Down sounds like my own personal hell from its start right through to its (bleated) finish.

In fact, I feel violated from just having to discuss this stuff with you."

http://www.chthonicionic.net/bile/default.asp

You like New Order? Oh dear. You're not going to like what I thought of Power, Corruption & Lies...

Track two, We All Stand isn't that bad. Ha ha. Got you. It's just a tiny bit worse than, say, the sound of my own personal hell. Say track 4, 5-8-6 three times into the mirror and New Order will appear behind you to take you away from all this miserable shite. Do it. It's your only hope - the track sounds like crushed babies throughout. Too much Blue Monday is bad for your health. I recommend taking up injecting heroin into your eyeballs instead. It tickles a bit, but the rush is awesome.

On second listening Your Silent Face starts sounding a little better, a bit more muffled and a little less like something my cat brought in, but couldn't be bothered to kill. Or is that because I've strapped a twelve tog duvet around my head to block out the evil nastiness? You decide. Like generic death metal, Ecstasy fails to engage me at all. It left me cold, shaking and gently drooling on the floor. Thank god the office cleaner found me in time. Like the insistent beep beep beep of the irritatingly stupid videogame that the over stimulated brat in the seat next to you has been playing for the last fifteen hours out of Chicago, track 9, Leave Me Alone should not be played to the vulnerable. Or those with ears.

In fact, this should've been put down years ago.

Hmm, you've got me there. I've never heard of "the null set" ...

spacer.gif
... but I'm sure it's like a guinea pig fellating an elephant

I typed in Snap Hands and got this

"Our Music correspondent writes...

Hmm, you've got me there. I've never heard of "snap hands" ...

... but I'm sure it's like the insistent beep beep beep of the irritatingly stupid videogame that the over stimulated brat in the seat next to you has been playing for the last eight hours out of Chicago."

Hmm, you've got me there. I've never heard of "lmd64" ...
... but I'm sure it's like a collection of cheap samples, bad lyrics, over-produced warbling and something that goes 'ping' throughout.

amazingly close to the truth! except for bad lyrics, i have none.

cheap samples, over-produced warbling and something that goes 'ping'! exactly!

spiritualtramp said:
I typed in Snap Hands and got this

"Our Music correspondent writes...

Hmm, you've got me there. I've never heard of "snap hands" ...

... but I'm sure it's like the insistent beep beep beep of the irritatingly stupid videogame that the over stimulated brat in the seat next to you has been playing for the last eight hours out of Chicago."
:D got it in one!

startquote.gif
Hmm, you've got me there. I've never heard of "Beards of Jesus" ...

spacer.gif
... but I'm sure it's like the agonised screams that waft over the road from a Zimbabwe Police station 'interview'.
endquote.gif

Hmm, you've got me there. I've never heard of "Easpa Measa" ...

spacer.gif
... but I'm sure it's like a Kerrang! cover CD that actually caused a drop in sales

Hmm, you've got me there. I've never heard of "Large Mound" ...... but I'm sure it's like the crap usually hosted on geocities by colour blind web idiots

speaking of which

omelette is reviewed in GCN this month.

Along with Rollers Sparkers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back