Office-Speak phrases you hate (3 Viewers)

Oh yes! I have so much housemate hate this year. Last year was a breeze in comparison... really I think I'm the bad housemate.

Feel free to post all about it, so that I can recall my own horrible housemate experiences and summon up that suppressed hatred at their memories, then feel great when I realise that I never have to see them ever again. I'm sure you're a wonderful housemate!

She was just using the desk for the afternoon. After that 45 minute phone call I'm still not sure what her job function is or what department she works for. I think she is trying to change people's behaviour using powerpoint presentations.

Not quite on topic, but anyway
A colleague while discussing the declining standards at a consultancy we deal with -
"These new guys come in and do their 8-10 hours, and just leave, they don't care"

So there you have it, 10 hours a day on a salary equals not caring about your job.
Some days I think that I will actually welcome death.

Not quite on topic, but anyway
A colleague while discussing the declining standards at a consultancy we deal with -
"These new guys come in and do their 8-10 hours, and just leave, they don't care"

So there you have it, 10 hours a day on a salary equals not caring about your job.
Some days I think that I will actually welcome death.

"These new guys come in and do their 8-10 hours, and just leave, they don't care" - A Cunt (2012)

Thankfully don't work in an environment with office speak bullshit. My boss's boss is an American, we're all part of the same team, work on stuff together & she's in and out of our office to bitch about stuff during the day. She's a great one for the profanities, I'll usually hear a few "fuckers", "bastards" & "assholes" on a daily basis. She's cool. We're doing a CFT at the moment where one other department has pretty much withdrawn their part of the funding (our project is going to render a lot of their manual antiquated ways obsolete) so she's on fine form of late.

Thankfully don't work in an environment with office speak bullshit. My boss's boss is an American, we're all part of the same team, work on stuff together & she's in and out of our office to bitch about stuff during the day. She's a great one for the profanities, I'll usually hear a few "fuckers", "bastards" & "assholes" on a daily basis. She's cool. We're doing a CFT at the moment where one other department has pretty much withdrawn their part of the funding (our project is going to render a lot of their manual antiquated ways obsolete) so she's on fine form of late.

Sounds awful, you should come back here where apparently it takes two years to do something we'd have achieved in my previous employer in a month tops!

And the endless meetings when nothing worthwhile gets said or done...

You must be missing it...

People you have never heard of BCC-ing what appears to be the entire (vast, vast) company their goodbye e-mail

Emailing the entire company and requesting a read receipt was a nice move I saw once. Goodbye inbox.

In the middle of annual review... must write self-appraisal... "

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back