Off the cigs (2 Viewers)

i quit for 6months last january. and now im off them nearly a week and this time round is SOOOO much harder. last time was a piece of piss! is it to do with the fact last time i took up smoking again i upgraded to Camel from Marly lights.....?
ive almost caved.

Nah, it's prob more to do with you having a different frame of mind this time, and that's what's making it harder.

I had my first in six or seven years over the christmas, I'm very tempted by more. Is it true that one spliff is as bad as twenty smokes if so I reckon I can't safely have a few hundred smokes a week and not do any more damage than I'm already doing.

The news report said 3 joints equals 20 smokes, whatever that means.

Nah, it's prob more to do with you having a different frame of mind this time, and that's what's making it harder.

The news report said 3 joints equals 20 smokes, whatever that means.

I've wondered about this. Is it the fact that there is usually no fibrous filter in a joint removing some toxins? Or is the fact that hash (in particular) is riddled with carcinogens? I couldn't contemplate smoking a joint while off the fags, quickest route back to marlboro town, so many good jockeys fall at that fence. (what a sad metaphor)

Stay strong!!!!

Seriously, read the Allan Carr book for motivation, it does help. And staying away from alcohol/narcs for a few weeks will also make it much easier to stay off them. (Actually that's probably a must).

Find a boyfriend/girlfriend that doesn't smoke too...dump the one you have if they do (!) NO MERCY. I stopped last August after falling for a non-smoker...it works! Fell off the wagon at Electric Picnic which meant another few weeks after that of trying hard to stop again and then had another blip for a few weeks after being on holidays (damn sunshine cocktails)...but am now smoke free..yayyy!

The crappy weather helps too..looking at people trying to smoke in the wind and the rain...is sad. I don't want to be that sap anymore. You don't look too hot coming back in shivering, hair like a banshee, make-up running and smelling like a skank. Nuff said. :D

Makey-uppy statistics. Like saying there's ten rats for every person or your never more than ten feet away from a rat.

There's at least ten cigarettes for every person and you're never more than ten feet away from a cigarette!

i put out two cigarettes in a bottle of water last night and when I got up this morning it was the colour of tea. grosssssss.
still, my cool sexy and interesting quotient has gone through the roof.

I personally think trying to seriously quit anything as habitual as smoking at New Years is a bad idea because it seems to have the highest failure rate in alot of things. Take the gyms for example, the amount of people in it for January and then they stop going while the regular gym users dont get to use the machines. Don't get me wrong, I couldn't give a fuck about the gym but was just using that as an example because I hear it off various people each year.

Gyms are nasty places. They are all full of flabby 21st century Ireland gobshites trying to get in shape for their next weekend on the continent. Hideous hideous hideous gyms. Snow Patrol listening ipod wearing sweaty panini eating cunts!!

I personally think trying to seriously quit anything as habitual as smoking at New Years is a bad idea because it seems to have the highest failure rate in alot of things. Take the gyms for example, the amount of people in it for January and then they stop going while the regular gym users dont get to use the machines. Don't get me wrong, I couldn't give a fuck about the gym but was just using that as an example because I hear it off various people each year.

I would tend to agree with you, but quitting smoking (or starting exercising) is an internal kinda thing. No one is going to do it for you. So, while picking the right time to quit is important the person doing it should bear in mind that the time of year is irrelevant.

No, wait, that makes no sense.

I’m saying that quitting at new years, just because it’s new years is stupid. BUT, quitting at new years because it’s a time of low stress or something can be a good idea.

Cunting gym fucks can cunt off, pricks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back