Off the booze and smokes once more.. (1 Viewer)

Off them since the middle of June meself, feel better in a million different ways. Smokes are for saps, PATCHES ARE FOR YUPPIES!!

I've given up trying to give up booze and smokes... it's going really well. I think I am actually getting sick of both but I'm sticking with it.

Well, that didn't work. Got sick of smoking a couple of weeks ago, haven't been able to face a lovely cigarette since.

But it's ok though... I've substituted food.

i'm off fags nearly 4 years. doddle. booze, i can never give up. never. not even for a minute. drunk now, in fact.

I've been off alcohol since Halloween, but I'd usually relax with a few non-alcoholic Becks of an evening. It's not too bad. Had my first ever sober xmas party last night, but i get on well with the guys I was with, so i didn't miss the booze too much.

doods - the gnawing 'hunger' you feel when you quit smoking is a nicotine craving. IGNORE the fucker - and keep something like an apple around if you do feel like you wanna chew something. but you have to remind yourself that you're not actually hungry - because you aren't!

it's weird, because giving up isn't easy - and yet it is. at the beginning of the year if you'd told me in december i'd have been off cigarettes for seven months, i probably would have laughed, punched you in the face, then smoked a pack of the fuckers.

giving up can be done* and it can be done without stuffing yourself. i've actually lost a stone since i did. dont be terrified of giving up because you think you'll put on weight. it's a myth. (but if you do, so what? it can be lost). you just have to ignore the cravings, they pass after about ten mins and lessen in numbers with each day.

as for booze though, im not an excessive drinker, but i can't see myself parting with the joys of it.

*i gave up cold turkey. no patches, just a lot of bitching in the first week.

How did you give up the overeating that seems to follow?
Gaining half a stone in less than two weeks isn't funny.
i didn't really eat more than usual. but then, i was already eating everything. within weeks (after being sick for about 2 months) i had more energy and could run around playing football for longer, so that helped.

I'd usually relax with a few non-alcoholic Becks of an evening.
yuck.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back