#Occupydamestreet (1 Viewer)

Serious question, do they not have jobs? Are they just wandering protest types or are they all unemployed?

Now they have wi-fi might "work from home" beside them tomorrow.

Serious question, are you asking Thumped if a bunch of protesters/smelly hippies have jobs?

I'd sort of wondered myself though... I suppose the ones who are going to stay long term are probably quite wealthy. Can't think of anything else.

Serious question, are you asking Thumped if a bunch of protesters/smelly hippies have jobs?

I'd sort of wondered myself though... I suppose the ones who are going to stay long term are probably quite wealthy. Can't think of anything else.

Might be a good place to go looking for work.If theres wealthy people there.They'll be needing domestic servants I'd say.

Not so much the one on Dame St.

But the occupy wall st/boston/cleveland folks, are they not just a democrat tea party? Disparate bunch of folks, no particular unified message though rising up over anger at the banks, seemingly grass roots.

You say it like its a bad thing.

No not at all, people have a right to assemble and voice their opinions and all that but when the tea party started there was much eye rolling from the American left about all these uninformed dopes kicking up a fuss while the Fox news types were all "this is great, democracy in action, what amazing patriots." Whereas now Fox have certainly been extremely critical of the occupy movement and I'd imagine that the lack of clarity in their message isn't really being made that much of a big deal from the opposite side of the spectrum.

319139_303460613002911_100000169252099_1418772_1001883517_n.jpg

it'd make you wonder if the people protesting actually know what they're protesting about, or if its a case of, 'oh look, a protest, lets join in' without checking what its about first.

The thing is, it's so loosely arranged that anyone, with any belief seems to be able to just drop down and set up camp down there. I've no idea who those ACCAI folks are but they seem to be a vehemently anti-Catholic organisation and I don't imagine their agenda meshes entirely with everyone down there.

I read a blog post last night from a guy who has been down there since Saturday. He made it sound all very nice and aspirational, regular general assemblies where any decision on behalf of the group had to be ratified by 100% consensus, which sounds like a very difficult way to get anything done (his understanding is that Wall Street needs 90%). His general reason for being down there seemed to be as a way to articulate his belief that shit is fucked up, lets try something else. Also implied that many of your typical rent a mob, vanguard of the left types have been trying to muscle in and take over for their own agenda but due to the 100% have been buggering off fairly quickly when they see that it's hard to take over. Didn't name names but I can guess which parties he was implying are doing it.

The thing is, it's so loosely arranged that anyone, with any belief seems to be able to just drop down and set up camp down there. I've no idea who those ACCAI folks are but they seem to be a vehemently anti-Catholic organisation and I don't imagine their agenda meshes entirely with everyone down there.

I heard that only for the draw yesterday the anti-Trappatoni brigade would have been setting up camp down there today

No not at all, people have a right to assemble and voice their opinions and all that but when the tea party started there was much eye rolling from the American left about all these uninformed dopes kicking up a fuss while the Fox news types were all "this is great, democracy in action, what amazing patriots."
the tea party seems to be much more organised; maybe the main distinction will be whether the wall street protests have been astroturfed too. but it'd beg the question as to who orchestrated them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back