#Occupydamestreet (2 Viewers)

Its a disgrace.I've been behind the lads 100% of the dreadlocked way.And to get evicted on Womens Day..salt in the wound...Kony....its all there..just have to read between the lines..Leo Vradkar...Bobby Sands...theres a direct line..just have to know where to look.THEY don't want you to see it though..all cossetted up there in their ivory shambalas.IMF?Thats Unbelieveable.Get it?Nah didnt think you would.You're part of the problem.Whats the solution?

An ORCHESTRA OF MIDGETS.

Thats what.

Its a disgrace.I've been behind the lads 100% of the dreadlocked way.And to get evicted on Womens Day..salt in the wound...Kony....its all there..just have to read between the lines..Leo Vradkar...Bobby Sands...theres a direct line..just have to know where to look.THEY don't want you to see it though..all cossetted up there in their ivory shambalas.IMF?Thats Unbelieveable.Get it?Nah didnt think you would.You're part of the problem.Whats the solution?

An ORCHESTRA OF MIDGETS.

Thats what.

Gaz, put a tune to this ASAP

I'll get me theremin-ukelele out and see if anything stirs

this is a great country.
'it's a disgrace no-one ever stands up and does something. we all take it lying down'.
turns into
'stupid fucking workshy hippies and scroungers, the lot of them'.

Well, exactly. The country has been driven into the ground by the corrupt fuckers running it for the last God knows.
The protest is not pretty, but it's a reminder that something's still wrong.
It's not what I'd choose to do as a form of protest but I respect their right for them to do it their own way.
Also, 'safety concerns' my fucking swiss, they just wanted them gone.

At least in the meantime the goths & skater kids can return to their former home.

Fair enough too I suppose.
I miss those kids.

There's also an element of moving them on for their own safety imo. The amount of mad fuckers in town that night you wouldn't know what might happen. I'm actually amazed that they've managed to occupy that area without the place being burnt to the ground by skangers.

I'm glad to see them go tbh, they were way too vague for me. Also, that area is used as a public space and it was unfair to deny the public access to it. They should have camped inside the gates or occupied the grounds of a bank/government offices etc.

There's also an element of moving them on for their own safety imo. The amount of mad fuckers in town that night you wouldn't know what might happen. I'm actually amazed that they've managed to occupy that area without the place being burnt to the ground by skangers.

Well, which is it? It's dangerous all the time? or just at Paddy's Day?
If they haven't been burned out yet then it's hardly going to happen when town is covered in Gards trying to stop tourists getting stabbed.

I'm glad to see them go tbh, they were way too vague for me. Also, that area is used as a public space and it was unfair to deny the public access to it. They should have camped inside the gates or occupied the grounds of a bank/government offices etc.

I'm sorry that they were too vague for you. They should have made bumper stickers maybe.
They can't occupy private property because they'd be turfed out for trespassing in short order.
It's not like people were picnicking in front of the Central Bank on a regular basis. The only people really put out were the aforementioned skaters and goths.

I could be wrong but I think the bank do own that space and allow public access. They never lodged any complaints about the occupiers, in order not to make a fuss of it I presume.

They were way too vague for me.

I'm sorry that they were too vague for you. They should have made bumper stickers maybe.

I was reading some article lastnight in that the occupy thing became an umbrella for 'anti' - if you were very anti, you'd support occupy, and in that sense it was a brand to begin with, bumper stickers or not.

Well, which is it? It's dangerous all the time? or just at Paddy's Day?
If they haven't been burned out yet then it's hardly going to happen when town is covered in Gards trying to stop tourists getting stabbed.

It's dangerous all the time, but Patrick's Day is notorious for drunken mayhem. And maybe the Gards don't have the resources to protect the camp from random messers and stop tourists getting stabbed at the same time.

I'm also sorry that it was too vague for me, it's a shame that a more coherent or inspiring movement wasn't created.

I could be wrong but I think the bank do own that space and allow public access. They never lodged any complaints about the occupiers, in order not to make a fuss of it I presume.

True, I did say it is used as a public space in my earlier post.

An ORCHESTRA OF MIDGETS.

Thats what.

BANG OF CAFFIENE off this post..I can almost taste it 100% Arabica

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back