nurses and midwives work to rule. what do you think? (4 Viewers)

Most Civil Servants are in clerical grades. Most of these are not on the max of the scale.

Most Irish Civil Servants, that is. But I'm sure Smarmy Bill will be back with another snide comment backed up with his lack of understanding of anything cos he can only speak from the english perspective.

Very surprised at you, Cromwell.

Me and my fucking opinion.

How dare I disagree.

Guys, guys- I know we're all looking forward to the feast of our lords resurrection/Easter eggs, and the anticiaption is beginning to fray the nerves, but please don't fight.

And if you must fight, the language could be a bit more colourful- we're all adults here after all

Most Civil Servants are in clerical grades. Most of these are not on the max of the scale.

Most Irish Civil Servants, that is. But I'm sure Smarmy Bill will be back with another snide comment backed up with his lack of understanding of anything cos he can only speak from the english perspective.

Very surprised at you, Cromwell.

Me and my fucking opinion.

How dare I disagree.
I'm sorry for not whole-heartedly agreeing with you that all doctors are assholes.
And for being smarmy.

There is power in a factory, power in the land
Power in the hand of the worker
But it all amounts to nothing if together we don't stand
There is power in a Union
Now the lessons of the past were all learned with workers blood
The mistakes of the bosses we must pay for
From the cities and the farmlands to trenches full of mud
War has always been the bosses way, sir
The Union forever,defending our rights
Down with the blackleg,all workers unite
With our brothers and our sisters from many far-off lands
Now I long for the morning that they realise
Brutality and unjust laws cannot defeat us
But who'll defend the workers who cannot organise
When the bosses send their lackeys out to cheat us?
Money speaks for money,the Devil for his own
Who comes to speak for the skin and the bone?
What a comfort for the widow,a light to the child
The Union forever,defending our rights
Down with the blackleg,all workers unite
With our brothers and our sisters together we will stand

I think that if you aspire to be wealthy, you have to start your own business; working for other people, in the public or private sector, won't make you wealthy.
You can be pretty strapped for cash running your own business too. My in-laws has been running a business since the 70s (cut flowers import and wholesale), and they've always been just getting by

You wanna get rich, you've gotta prioritise money. And be lucky

I was just posting the figures, not making any real argument, except that civil servants don't make big piles of money.

It does, however, seem that for public and civil jobs, there's a top end that doesn't necessarily exist in the private sector. That's not to say that everyone in the private sector actually reaches the top of their salary scale, or makes buckets, just that in a civil service job, you take it because it's a good job and it's both flexible and permanent, but you can't really aspire to wealth in the way a private sector worker can. That's all. And I'm just speaking in a very general sense here about pay scales.
plenty of other perks in the c'ervice.

plenty enough to make it better than maybe earning a bit more for some cunts who'll drop you like a hot snot or not give full maternity pay or throw a wobbler when you want a years leave of absence.

The property/building trades seems to be a fast track to riches

I'm amazed at the amount of youngish people with two homes these days and they all seem to have some connection to these industries

Jane - those are salaries for Clerical Officers, and as far as I'm aware you reach the top of those scales just by staying in the job and getting your yearly increments. If you get promoted you go onto a different scale - there's different scales for different grades. I don't know how you go about getting promoted - my da's been working for the dept. of agriculture for 40+ years and he's still on the clerical scale, so it's not a given, but I would guess that going about getting promoted in the service is similar to climbing the ladder in the private sector

Full scales here

http://www.finance.gov.ie/documents/circulars/circ72006.pdf

You can be pretty strapped for cash running your own business too. My in-laws has been running a business since the 70s (cut flowers import and wholesale), and they've always been just getting by

You wanna get rich, you've gotta prioritise money. And be lucky

You're right. I'm not saying that self-employed people have it easy, just that the super-rich tend to own their own companies rather than collect a pay packet.

Most private sector workers are in low-paying jobs too dude. The masses working menial jobs for cheap is what our economy is built on, innit.

Billy isn't smarmy. You're very aggressive today

I agree. To all that.

Sorry, Bill. Seriously.

We disagree. I have reasons. As so you. Don't be minding me. Tis cool...?

Difference makes the world go round.

...the world go round. The world go mad.

Ta, egg.

The property/building trades seems to be a fast track to riches

I'm amazed at the amount of youngish people with two homes these days and they all seem to have some connection to these industries

yes, I see lots of examples of this in my work.

won't last forever though. already slowing down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back