nurses and midwives work to rule. what do you think? (3 Viewers)

one of the reasons i started this thread was cos i was curious to see if anyone would criticise. i got into this job primarily for the job security. its a choice not a vocation for me. i would like to earn more money just like everyone else would i suppose. i dont know whether or not i agree with this strike shit or not. we have an active union and thats what unions do. the thing is though, in my case i work really hard generally speaking above and beyond the call of duty. if any of you had mental health problems and came to me in a professional capacity i can assure you i would do everything i could to provide you with the best of care. im not motivated by greed or anything else and im sure a good percentage of my comerades arent either. there are some inconsistencies between our pay scales and that of unqualified staff working in the intellectual disability area which was a big issue during the pay rallies that went on in the helix last year. theres some other shit aswell that i cant remember which seems a bit unfair too.

also, our office is an unholy dump and mary harney is a useless fat bitch and junior minister tim o malley is a cunt.

i got into this job primarily for the job security. its a choice not a vocation for me.

I think that can only be partially true. While I, like you, ideally want job security and a decent wage, I could in no way do the work you do, which I imagine must be very stressful and hard and require a great deal of patience and empathy. So yay for you, I think anyone who enters the caring industry has some sort of "vocation", even if it's not in the most direct sense of the word

I think that can only be partially true. While I, like you, ideally want job security and a decent wage, I could in no way do the work you do, which I imagine must be very stressful and hard and require a great deal of patience and empathy. So yay for you, I think anyone who enters the caring industry has some sort of "vocation", even if it's not in the most direct sense of the word

if you can get over human shit and piss you can do this job. you just have to be able to assimilate abuse and agression and convert it into love and kindness.

if you can get over human shit and piss you can do this job. you just have to be able to assimilate abuse and agression and convert it into love and kindness.

love? what is this... love... you speak of?

spock.jpg

in fairness I'm working late all this week and it's as bad as getting pissed and shat on... I imagine...

love? what is this... love... you speak of?

spock.jpg

in fairness I'm working late all this week and it's as bad as getting pissed and shat on... I imagine...

you should go out on strike. its easy.

one of the reasons i started this thread was cos i was curious to see if anyone would criticise. i got into this job primarily for the job security. its a choice not a vocation for me. i would like to earn more money just like everyone else would i suppose. i dont know whether or not i agree with this strike shit or not. we have an active union and thats what unions do. the thing is though, in my case i work really hard generally speaking above and beyond the call of duty. if any of you had mental health problems and came to me in a professional capacity i can assure you i would do everything i could to provide you with the best of care. im not motivated by greed or anything else and im sure a good percentage of my comerades arent either. there are some inconsistencies between our pay scales and that of unqualified staff working in the intellectual disability area which was a big issue during the pay rallies that went on in the helix last year. theres some other shit aswell that i cant remember which seems a bit unfair too.

I understand all that.

Yeah, i can see how easy it is to fall into it....

And, Pantone, if you look at most of your friends; there are all manner of people who wouldn't do shit until it was asked of them, because they fell in love with someone with a mental illness, or they got a new job, or they had to wipe their baby's arse (flippant as that may sound; you know what I mean).

Having said that: if it wasn't for Rampz and people of his pay grade/skill/vocation (albeit after the fact, in some cases), I'd probably be dead by now.

As would a lot of people I know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back