nurses and midwives work to rule. what do you think? (5 Viewers)

Mary Harney was on today, going on and on and refusing to respond clearly to a question about using private hospitals to cover the shortfall, but sure, when is she going to need a public hospital?

Ugh. Hospitals are understaffed, and they blame nurses? FUCK THAT SHIT.

Mary Harney is a fat lazy cunt. And hospitals aren't under-staffed. There's millions of doctors sitting around doing the crossword and reading the tabloids, while the nurses break their balls trying to get shit done.

If they have to work-to-rule to get what they want and show how much extra work they do that they aren't obliged to and that goes completely unrecognised then so be it.

That's the thing; they shouldn't have to work to rule. But, that fat lazy cunt is doing nothing about it. Oh, she's "taking the consultants on" (Er, doing nothing), while encouraging the building of private hospitals on public grounds. Yet again, serving the needs of the "people." The people with money, that is.

Hope she dies on choking on her burger.

Dr Goff

Its a fucking disgrace that nurses arent paid more for the work they do, administration (including politicians) are paid well over the odds of their work. Nurses are only asking for a fair wage and hours.

Plus my mams a nurse and I want more pocket money.
hehe best post of the week!

There's millions of doctors sitting around doing the crossword and reading the tabloids, while the nurses break their balls trying to get shit done.

Not even vaguely true.
Nurses hours are already much shorter than doctors hours and they're trying to reduce them even further.
There's a perception that because nurses are seen more that they do more work.
The hours that doctors (especially junior doctors) are expected to work are dangerously high.

Nurses do a great & incredibly difficult job but there's no need to have a go at doctors in order to give nurses the credit they deserve.

Not even vaguely true.
Nurses hours are already much shorter than doctors hours and they're trying to reduce them even further.
There's a perception that because nurses are seen more that they do more work.
The hours that doctors (especially junior doctors) are expected to work are dangerously high.

Nurses do a great & incredibly difficult job but there's no need to have a go at doctors in order to give nurses the credit they deserve.

This is from personal experience, so yes, it is true. (Actually, I'll correct myself. My maths was wrong. There wasn't millions of them the last time. There was only thirteen. Unlucky for some....)

Not once, not twice, every time.

I'm not having a go at Doctors to big up nurses. I'm having a go at doctors because they're arrogant jumped up cunts.

Not all of them, mind. But then, I don't know them all personally.

I'm not having a go at Doctors to big up nurses. I'm having a go at doctors because they're arrogant jumped up cunts.
They work a lot harder than either you or me.
Under a lot more pressure too.

If you ask me, Governments will never pay nurses/teachers/doctors enough simply because these professions have a strong vocational element to them. It's taking the piss though. These jobs are fundamental in society and the people doing them should be rewarded accordingly.

This is from personal experience, so yes, it is true. (Actually, I'll correct myself. My maths was wrong. There wasn't millions of them the last time. There was only thirteen. Unlucky for some....)

The thing is, nurses get to work fairly set, regular hours.
Doctors can work a 90 hour week.
I'd be taking a break any fuckin' chance I got if I had to do that.

Not all of them, mind. But then, I don't know them all personally.

You're entitled to your opinion, no matter how wrong it is.

:)

I will have to heartily disagree with you re the vocational side of being a doctor in this country, when a lot of doctors become doctors because their father was. The education system is heavily weighted towards maintaining the status quo. they're a class and a law unto themselves. Did dib, dob dob; will no one help the widow's son...?

Interns work hard. All apprentices do. It's for a short time only. Few years max.

As for this whole "responsibility" argument. That's bollocks. That's where the God complex comes from. We can save lives.

Your average bus driver has more responsibility for more lives each and every time he sits in a bus. And the amount of times they save your life is incalculable.

The thing is, nurses get to work fairly set, regular hours.
Doctors can work a 90 hour week.
I'd be taking a break any fuckin' chance I got if I had to do that.

You're entitled to your opinion, no matter how wrong it is.

:)

Cheers. It's good to disagree sometimes!

But, it's not so long ago in this country where a 200 hour shift was the norm for a nurse. 200 hours! And they no longer do that, how? Because they fought for the right of reason.

But, it's not so long ago in this country where a 200 hour shift was the norm for a nurse. 200 hours! And they no longer do that, how? Because they fought for the right of reason.

Ok, I'm not great at maths but 24 x 7= 168.

How did they squeeze an extra 32 hours into a week (assuming they're already working non-stop, forever)?

Or did they go to work on Monday & come home on Thursday week?!

Man, that'd suck!

Your average bus driver has more responsibility for more lives each and every time he sits in a bus. And the amount of times they save your life is incalculable.
that's some argument.

if i need a spleen removed anytime soon, i just get the 16a?

I will have to heartily disagree with you re the vocational side of being a doctor in this country, when a lot of doctors become doctors because their father was. The education system is heavily weighted towards maintaining the status quo. they're a class and a law unto themselves. Did dib, dob dob; will no one help the widow's son...?
Right. So doctors are in it for the money. Can't say I agree with you on this on the account of the doctors who I know who work long hours, don't have fathers who are doctors and are not earning as much as people in other professions.
Interns work hard. All apprentices do. It's for a short time only. Few years max.
You're in college for 7 years before you become a doctor. Then you've at least another two to three years working in an intensily pressurised situation. That's ten years. That's longer than an accountant, lawyer, carepenter, electrician, bus driver or civil servant (God bless them).
You're talking through your arse if you think any other apprenticships (other than with Alan Sugar) are even remotely as difficult as this.

As for this whole "responsibility" argument. That's bollocks. That's where the God complex comes from. We can save lives.
I dunno. Call me weird or wrong or right-wing. But I think knowing that your decisions can actually have a very direct result in someone dying or being seriously injured is a pretty hard thing to carry on your shoulders.

Is this why people say "thanks" when they get off a bus?

that's some argument.

if i need a spleen removed anytime soon, i just get the 16a?

It's all well & good for you rich feckers who can afford to go private.

I pay my taxes & PRSI, why should I have to fork out another €1.65 to have my spleen out!?

This country is a joke!

It's all well & good for you rich feckers who can afford to go private.

I pay my taxes & PRSI, why should I have to fork out another €1.65 to have my spleen out!?

This country is a joke!
well, i could get the 17a, but but but.....

I think nurses have a shit hard job and deserve to be paid fairly, and well. I also think they work crazy hours still - how could anyone still be on top of their game after 10 hours on a ward? Insania.

I also think that unfortunately, due to a combination of the general populace thinking that as nursing is vocational, that somehow they don't have the same financial pressures as the rest of us - obviously if you're a nurse your weekly shopping is gifted to you by tesco, etc. So unfortunately due to that misconception, and all the striking over the past few years, they've lost a huge amount of sympathy in general. Which is a shame.

Their car insurance is less than most peoples.

Their Union has a deal with some insurance company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back