NTL / UPC / Virgin Media Broadband (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter HMD
  • Start date
  • Replies 513
  • Views 67K
  • Watchers 11
Re: NTL Broadband

mine is still on the blink. customer service/support people being as helpful as ever, snort. some other fool in my building has it back though cos i can access theirs. tee hee.

My connection has been dodgy since the out on sunday. Anyone else having problems? Right now i'm getting 76kps down as opposed to 2.4mbs.

Ah...looks like the problem is at easynewses end.

317944275.png

Mostly, yeah.

Well we live in Ireland so I expect shitty customer service and occasional drop outs in service. Still, from what I can see on here NTL seem to be the lads to give our money to.

Does NTL provide a Usenet/Newsgroup service?

I have their Broadband Express (the 10meg line one) and I was wondring does NTL have a free USENET serice with access to Binary newsgroups.

I can't find mention of it on their site except in their T+Cs with regard to abuse of Newsgroups with spam..

Re: Does NTL provide a Usenet/Newsgroup service?

I know they used to but it was fairly rubbish at that. Piss poor transfer speeds and retention times. Also most of the best groups are blocked.

It used to be news.ntl.ie or something.

I'd recommend using a subscription service such as easynews or whatnot.

Just outta curiosity, why do you use Usenet/Newsgroups?
I remember using and hating them years ago, they just seem so outdated. What can u get from them that is not on blogs or forums? Serious question.

tv shows, movies, apps, mp3s.

Its all highly illegal no doubt.

Lefty Frizzell -Cheers mate. I used Giganews before and along with using Newzbins for searching and it was amazing..

Just outta curiosity, why do you use Usenet/Newsgroups?

As lefty said and also the Download speeds are great and no need for seeding or ratio worries that you get with Torents.

same reasons why i use rapidshare/warez-bb/blogs then. u ever try these?

Used Blogs the odd time for music but in a random way.

Is rapidshare using run through link in forums? Is there a search engine type thing for em.

Usenet is usally the source of all the link on rapidshare. And there's no fiddling about with google or hoping someone's posted links to this forum or that forum. With Usenet it's all in the one server network so any one search engine will do.

The speeds are also insanely faster with Usenet. In college I got a top speed of 1MB/s with Rapidshare, usually a lot less. With Usenet I got about 4-5MB/s

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back