NTL / UPC / Virgin Media Broadband (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter HMD
  • Start date
  • Replies 513
  • Views 67K
  • Watchers 11
Re: NTL Broadband

The only problem is that their customer support is dire - so if you run into a problem it'll take weeks to resolve it.

For the most part I agree with this. They have the worst customer service I've encountered.

Router they gave me was dodge, but a replacement will be here either tomorrow or Monday.

yes of course it will :)

the best thing i can say for NTL is that one of the previous tenants here is still paying the bills (since july 2007), and also our phone and digital tv services from virgin, which is pretty handy. we've told the silly fucker about it several times but apparently he enjoys funding our connectivity.

in fact what someone said about customer service is totally true - that's probably why the poor bastard hasn't managed to switch payment details to someone who actually lives in the house yet. each of us in turn have spent at least a couple of hours on the phone trying to navigate the customer services telephone system, which mainly consists of people who don't really speak english and couldn't help you even if they did.

each of us in turn have spent at least a couple of hours on the phone trying to navigate the customer services telephone system

The worst is where you spend a few minutes answering all the automated pre-filtering questions only to be told that the customer support center is closed or that all the customer support agents are taking part in a training :confused:

314473226.png

that'll do

sort of

i ordered it back in mid july - before we went away - for installation last thursday. i rang them last thursday & was told it was never booked in, but they could fit me in yesterday which was grand.

they sent out two separate engineers; one did the BB & phone, the other did the DVR. Neither could understand why they weren't doing the whole thing themselves.

it's back now.

didn't get an external - needed an internal first...

Need a NAS enclosure now, bah.

yeah i was looking at that one - problem is i've 2 x 200gb and a 320gb drive spare now.

the sooner i rebuild my proper pc and stop using this Shuttle the better - it's only got 2 SATA connections

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back