NTL / UPC / Virgin Media Broadband (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter HMD
  • Start date
  • Replies 513
  • Views 67K
  • Watchers 11
i have the 150mb line a couple of months, might go for the upgrade, does it cost extra?

don't think so. who cares like - it's 200meg

I read somewhere that their existing cable infrastructure can do gigabit speeds. GIGABIT!

This was my first modem (it was borrowed, as was the Eirpac account i used to get onto god knows what british university to play AMP):

cnet16.jpg

It could do 1200 baud, which equates to 0.0012Mb/sec, which means a 200Mb connection is about 166,667 times faster.

Progress.

i already have a cat 5 going from one to the other for apple TV. Would i have to set my current router/modem up in bridged mode ?

to be honest i'm not sure. there are settings on the horizon box for connecting it to an existing network but i haven't looked at it (or the manual)

I could've got a horizon box a month ago when ours broke, there was a €45 activation fee so i told them to get fucked.

I read when it came out the EPG wasn't as good on the Horizon box, is this still the case

yeah we had to pay the €45 for the new box. it's kinda worth it.

the EPG is a big improvement. way faster than the one on the old HD box plus it has PIP previews and you can record a million channels at once (well, 5)

Question, have Sky box downstairs, and Router/ computer upstairs. What's the best wireless connection between both of them, in terms of speed/ no loosing signal through ceiling?? Also have an old Eircom, and Upc Router. could i run a second one into tv Or is that a bad idea???

it is my considered opinion that all wifi is shit

it's grand for basic browsing from the the jacks, but beyond that no thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back