NTL - 2nd National Broadband Breakdown in a week. WTF!!11 (1 Viewer)

pissypants

NTL are having their 2nd nationwide breakdown of broadband within a week.
Great when you're working from home. I'm going to change service provider as soon as possible.

Seriously, what the fuck is up with them? Are they on the way out or something?

The week before last I waited a whole day at home just for them not to call.
This was a repeat of what had happened 8 months ago when I was getting conected.

Oh and don't bother calling "support" in this situation.
After you've waited 40 minutes in the call queue you'll realise that nobody can contact the service person coming to you, but despite this will tell you that they are no more than 15 minutes away.

You'll never get the same person twice in the call centre when you call for an update (even though they try to appease you by giving you their name and telling you to call them back). This is especially helpful when they don't (can't?) record any updates on their system and cannot transfer your call to the person you were talking to previously.

A supervisor will *never* be available. (ON one particular day I made 10 calls to them, and asked for a supervisor each time)

Eventually the service person will call at the wrong time of day, and call the wrong phone number when they get there (despite how many times you stress not to call the account holders number or how many alternative numbers you give).

Doh. And then there was there blocking of websites including last.fm submissions for the last week.

Thats bollocks. I'm on lastfm.com now and I use NTL broadband. Haven't had it crashing at all

NTL are deadly....

...until you want to cancel a subscription to something. Then see if you can get them to answer the phone to you

I cancelled digital TV with them and had to physically walk into their office with my digibox to get them to cancel (I work beside them).

NTL are deadly....

...until you want to cancel a subscription to something. Then see if you can get them to answer the phone to you

I cancelled digital TV with them and had to physically walk into their office with my digibox to get them to cancel (I work beside them).

change to smart, its magic...

falling_down.jpg

Sigh. No NTL modern internet from 7 til 11 tonight. Showed how addicted we are though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back