(Not so) Firm Friends (1 Viewer)

Daisy's Dukes

So, long story short I had ongoing issues with a friend's boyfriend, and over a year ago I confronted her and him about it (drunkenly, which wasn't the best idea, but...) and it didn't go down well. Since then, I haven't spoken to her boyfriend but her and I had it out and we are 'cool', except we are not. We still see each other when the 'girls' get together for dinner, drinks etc. and we are perfectly polite and nice to each but there is an underlying tension and we never contact each other independently of the group of friends anymore. The issue isn't spoken about anymore between us but we both have different opinions on the actions of her boyfriend and will never agree and I feel she resents me for bringing the whole thing up . Basically, I think our friendship has been irreparably damaged and I can't see how it will ever be as it was.

I'm just curious to hear if other people have had serious fallings out with friends/family and how it all panned out, if only to feel like I'm not alone in this oh so unpleasant situation!

ah the falling out. the worst thing about the falling out is the lack of resolution. ask if this is so: so, we're not pals no more, i need to know, so i can move on. the gnawing away is not pleasant.

See, its not as easy as saying its over and to break all contact because we are both part of a group of 6 girls who've been friends for years and while we don't meet up as much as we used to, there is still regular hook ups as a group, so one of us would have to decide to cut themselves off from the others in some way, and neither of us would be willing to do that I'm sure. It's terrible, because while neither of us have involved the others or asked people to take sides, its has become this unspoken thing which has had a bearing on how the whole lot of us interact.

This isn't something which eats me up every day and it only becomes an issue for me when we are due to meet up but it gives me a horrible feeling in my tummy when I think about it. I wish I knew how it can be managed into the future so as not to hurt our group dynamics even further. Plus, I really, really loved (still love?) that gal!

See, its not as easy as saying its over and to break all contact because we are both part of a group of 6 girls who've been friends for years and while we don't meet up as much as we used to, there is still regular hook ups as a group, so one of us would have to decide to cut themselves off from the others in some way, and neither of us would be willing to do that I'm sure. It's terrible, because while neither of us have involved the others or asked people to take sides, its has become this unspoken thing which has had a bearing on how the whole lot of us interact.

This isn't something which eats me up every day and it only becomes an issue for me when we are due to meet up but it gives me a horrible feeling in my tummy when I think about it. I wish I knew how it can be managed into the future so as not to hurt our group dynamics even further. Plus, I really, really loved (still love?) that gal!
you don't have to cut yourself off physically... do it in your head.

I had a falling out with a mate about a year ago when she told my best mate i was trying to chat up his ex, which was total bullshit. We emailed each other a few times a day but now i only see her when all the mates are out. Thing i realised was i have tried to make friends with her a few times but she's never taken the bait, so i've done all i can do. If you want to make it work, try texting her a few times and see if she replies, give it a month to improve and if it doesn't, there's your resolution.

EDIT: the group thing - maybe just straight come out with it to her - if ye were really good friends she'll probably be fairly honest with you as to what's going on, and at least ye can agree as to how things are. Slip a half into her drink just before as well, should make the conversation easier.

a couple of my friends went out with crazy bitches

no amount of talking sense to them made any difference

they soon saw the error of their ways

actually, not soon - took them ages

but it's pointless telling someone that kind of thing. it's also none of your business

times like these you realise it's time to move on. part of growing up and all that

I had a falling out with a mate about a year ago when she told my best mate i was trying to chat up his ex, which was total bullshit. We emailed each other a few times a day but now i only see her when all the mates are out. Thing i realised was i have tried to make friends with her a few times but she's never taken the bait, so i've done all i can do. If you want to make it work, try texting her a few times and see if she replies, give it a month to improve and if it doesn't, there's your resolution.
my god. are you a woman?

a couple of my friends went out with crazy bitches

no amount of talking sense to them made any difference

they soon saw the error of their ways

actually, not soon - took them ages

but it's pointless telling someone that kind of thing. it's also none of your business

times like these you realise it's time to move on. part of growing up and all that
yeah, fuck friends. how many "bessie mates" does one go through? there'll be others....

actually, it gets harder as you get older, doesn't it. you end up still hanging around with the same cunts cos you're afraid to get out there and meet new people. yep, there you are, around in jeremy's *again* and dawn is laughing and sticking her overbite out and you're thinking, god, i fucking hate these people. that's when the wireswapping begins. it's grim.

yeah, fuck friends. how many "bessie mates" does one go through? there'll be others....

actually, it gets harder as you get older, doesn't it. you end up still hanging around with the same cunts cos you're afraid to get out there and meet new people. yep, there you are, around in jeremy's *again* and dawn is laughing and sticking her overbite out and you're thinking, god, i fucking hate these people. that's when the wireswapping begins. it's grim.

the truth shines out of you like a laser, old pal

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back