Not Mani People Criticise The Stone Roses (1 Viewer)

I think the solo at the end of i am the resurrection is a lot of people's first big extended music moments which is why they make a big deal out of what is a fairly standard groove.

I'm sure I was the same about some blur song or Only in Dreams by Weezer

A lot of what the article says I actually agree with but it doesn't make me dislike the music in the slightest. Call it zeitgesit or whatever, they just click on that album and the singles (until One Love at least) in a way that Second Coming and everything they've ever done since doesn't.

Who cares really if Ian Brown is an agressive stoner who can't sing. Doesn't make a lick of difference.

I used to think they were ok a long long time ago. any love i ever had for them has been worn away over several years for a few reasons:

1. a mate of mine used to insist on playing their first album from start to finish every time i called round

2. worked in whelans for a summer. this was well over 10 years after the album came out and the same 2 or 3 songs were being played by them every single night. the job also helped foster a long abiding hatred of debaser. and teen spirit.

the journalist is right about a lot of their fans being the worst blokey fuckwits.

and ian brown is an agressive scumbag. a mate of mine worked at one of his gigs over here. one of the monitors wasn't working properly and when the sound guy came on stage to fix it Ian brown spat in his face

and ian brown is an agressive scumbag. a mate of mine worked at one of his gigs over here. one of the monitors wasn't working properly and when the sound guy came on stage to fix it Ian brown spat in his face

I take it that was the ambassador gig? I saw him attack a sound engineer at one of those shows. Spat on him and head-butted him.

Made me kind of think that Brown had little enough to be complaining about when he was banged up that time.

http://www.johnsquire.com/

john_squire_statement.jpg

good pop songs on that first album... good scene for a while...

obviously hasn't stood the test of time for those introduced afterwards going by this here thread...

snub tv eh?... that's a blast from the past...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back