No More Lonely Knights (1 Viewer)

michaelknight said:
Second not quite so unreservedly glowing as the first, so maybe I should in fact be suppressing it...ah well, free speech 'n' all that...

I think they're both really positive reviews, no???

Psychotic no 2 said:
I think they're both really positive reviews, no???
<sob>It calls the keyboard solo in Leaving Town unimaginative and says it makes the song too long</> - this is annoying 'cos I'd sort of already come to the same conclusion meself, and this just reinforces it.

Ah but sure you know the sort of go-getter I am Edel, always wanting more.

Indeed - actually, it's funny, but in the pop world, once you record a song it's generally considered done - as in, you rarely see people doing another version of a song again on the next album, and certainly never (to my knowledge) more than two - I dunno, seems odd to me. I'd have no truck with zillions of versions. But maybe that's cos I'm a classical nut and am used to (a) a composer having different versions of a piece because he/she refines it over the years and (b) there being 8,000,000 different recordings of any given version.

Actually, I've just thought of three - Revolution be the Beatles (although Rev No. 9 isn't really related to the other two)

michaelknight said:
Indeed - actually, it's funny, but in the pop world, once you record a song it's generally considered done -

Spacemen 3 recorded very different versions of the same songs, single versions, instrumentals, trippy long versions.

Indeed one could argue that Spacemen 3 only wrote one song and just recorded it lots of times with different titles. Ho ho.

I love Spacemen 3

michaelknight said:
<sob>It calls the keyboard solo in Leaving Town unimaginative and says it makes the song too long</> - this is annoying 'cos I'd sort of already come to the same conclusion meself, and this just reinforces it.

Ah but sure you know the sort of go-getter I am Edel, always wanting more.

It's a good review Mike.

Personally, I don't read reviews unless they are accompanied by a sliding scale of sad faces to happy faces.

:mad: :confused: :rolleyes: :) :p

mark said:
good skit was this.
.|..|
indeed - all bands were great, I'm loving the MK stuff with the full band

sore head now though, goddam canal pints:(

hop said:
indeed - all bands were great, I'm loving the MK stuff with the full band

sore head now though, goddam canal pints:(
best was mk & f at sound check, ACAPELLA-TASTIC!

Pantone247 said:
How did the CDs look?
the evenings only dissapointment really.:p

Ian said:
fat sound check? whatareyouonabou?
f is for foundation, you tit.

remember at sound check, mk, ronan, lynn and edel all singing with no instruments. perfectly in tune, such pros.

Mumblin Deaf Ro said:
I love the triple exclamation mark at the end. It just screams 'hey guys look at me, I'm making a joke!!!'
You forgot your own triple exclamation mark. You should in fact have written

I love the triple exclamation mark at the end. It just screams 'hey guys look at me, I'm making a joke!!!'!!!

Very poor Ro.

Anyways this was a great night altogether, IMHO, really enjoyed the Dinner Brand and especially the Egg folk. This being in a band lark is great altogether. Thanks to all and sundry for showing up and the patience and the whatnot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back